Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    You better be careful. That looks like an H-45 gun and he plays Gunbroker to win! :cool:
    I don't have to be careful when I'm dreaming! Lol. I've wanted a DW for awhile now. Probably won't happen soon though. There is also a Springer A2 for around 640 I'm eyeballing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Evening folks! :beer:

After work tonight, I ran down to HHRP to run a couple of Sigs. The first was the .40 P226 with the factory 9mm barrel and that got another bunch of rounds, this time with a 9mm spring. Function has been perfect with the 9mm barrel in the .40 slide. I’m up to about 250 rounds through that combo and would not hesitate to carry now. That gun seems like it has zero recoil and is accurate to boot.

Then, I put a quick 50 rounds through the .40 P229 Legion just because it’s my main carry gun and it needed run a bit. There’s definitely more of a punch to that gun. It’s easy to shoot but it rings the steel with authority. I did a couple single had drills and only dropped one shot lefty.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good luck with the surgery tomorrow WT. We’ll miss you at breakfast on Saturday.

Sorry to hear about the friend Deacon and the FIL Lee. Cancer sucks. I love the idea of skydiving my way out of a crappy cancer situation. I hate seeing what it does to people. But, as said earlier, by the time you get to that point, skydiving is behind you.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Never owned but shot a few Coonans.
    Not impressed in the gun.
    I expect that from you. Ive seen at least part of your collection which is the equivalent of a new cadillac. The Coonan seems kind of like a square body mud truck, not a good driver but its still fun and at least its not a ford (G***k).

If that Valor was in the lords caliber id be much more torn on what i like better between the two.

Last edited:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I enjoyed shooting the Coonan I tried, but it wasn't something I would buy for myself, especially at that price. :dunno: I have a hard enough time justifying the cost of ordering sushi delivery at work once every couple weeks. :laugh:

...now I want to order sushi delivery tomorrow. :spend:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    If I drop 1300+ it ain't on no Coonan. Keeping an eyeball on this: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896465620
    I liked the one I had. Traded it to CM, for a shadow, that I eventually traded back to him. So he ended up with both guns. Then he sold the shadow. But that DW is probably on his hip as he reads this. And tries to remember all the above moves.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Part of the fun at the FGE and SGE is looking at all the tables. Seeing the guns that used to be on your table. And asking yourself why the hell you sold them.

But you get to shoot some old friends. I mean the guns, of course. And then the current owners get to go home and clean them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good luck with the surgery tomorrow WT. We’ll miss you at breakfast on Saturday.

Sorry to hear about the friend Deacon and the FIL Lee. Cancer sucks. I love the idea of skydiving my way out of a crappy cancer situation. I hate seeing what it does to people. But, as said earlier, by the time you get to that point, skydiving is behind you.
    Not really. I would toss you out of the plane if you asked....:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So the gastric distress has passed. and I had a good day a few days ago.

The daughter watches a young girl occasionally and her mom dropped her off sick as hell. Daughter was not aware until she woke up and was not pleased. Called mom to come get the sick child and take her home. Mom had her Mom come get her but hours later. So guess what. We all have colds now. Not Covid. But actual colds. Yes they still exist. And we are all not pleased.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So the gastric distress has passed. and I had a good day a few days ago.

The daughter watches a young girl occasionally and her mom dropped her off sick as hell. Daughter was not aware until she woke up and was not pleased. Called mom to come get the sick child and take her home. Mom had her Mom come get her but hours later. So guess what. We all have colds now. Not Covid. But actual colds. Yes they still exist. And we are all not pleased.
    You've had bad luck in the health department lately ! :(
    .....luckily, there's plenty of time to get hardy before the SGE.

30 Days, 2 Hours, 31 Minutes....before the SGE !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom