Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I hear ya. Cat got me up at 3:30 after going to bed late. Dozed for about a half hour and then laid in bed awake until 6:30 when I finally gave up and got up.
    The dog go me up early as he had business to attend to. Just couldnt get back to sleep so I gave up also and got up. Thought I went to bed early enough but didn't get to sleep til around 1-2. Might try a sleep aid tonite.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The kerosene soak yesterday revealed all the numbers and address on the Colt 1851 this morning. What was thought to be corrosion was actually dirt and hardened oil. New York address, all parts match and it's an 1867 date.
    I saw the "before" photo. Please repost the before and add an after photo when you get it cleaned up. Thanks.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The kerosene soak yesterday revealed all the numbers and address on the Colt 1851 this morning. What was thought to be corrosion was actually dirt and hardened oil. New York address, all parts match and it's an 1867 date.
    That colt is definitely a oldy. Nice too that is a matching parts gun also :yesway:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Only 14? Amateur.

Try 20 or so tabs on each of 3 monitors and work your way up from there.
    I'm going to give out a tip that may help someone. For those of you who use Chrome, you can get a Chrome extension called Panic Button.
    It's a free extension that you install in your browser. After installing it you press the red button that is now in the browser and it closes all of your open tabs and opens a new blank tab up. You press the now green button and it will open all of the previous closed tabs up. I don't use it for it's intended purpose, but for when I go to reboot my computer and don't want to have to open all of those precious tabs back up. You press it and it closes all of the open tabs and opens a new tab, afterwards reboot your computer and when it's back up you open the browser again and press it again and all of your tabs come back to life.
    There might be other ways to get this same effect, but this is what I researched and works for me.
    Morning all!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I hear ya. Cat got me up at 3:30 after going to bed late. Dozed for about a half hour and then laid in bed awake until 6:30 when I finally gave up and got up.
    I would have to find a solution for that cat. A child is one thing, or even a dog that needs to go out, but a cat...

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    In high school in shop class we used kerosene to clean small engines that worked on. I overhauled my dad's tiller one year at school and it ran so good after I was done. Still proud of that project.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would have to find a solution for that cat. A child is one thing, or even a dog that needs to go out, but a cat...

The cat sleeps on the end of the bed. Around 3:30 - 4:30, she hears our other cat on the outside of the bedroom door, waiting for me to get up to feed him. She decides since he's up, she should be up and wakes me up so I can feed them. Yay.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Annie, my RART, my BCM upper AR and my PDP compact are going with me.
    Going to have to see if I can get the 17 out to MCF&G for a bit this weekend, but also hope to get some fishing time in as well since last weekend didn't happen for me. This time of year is prime time.

Once I get a little time with the 17 myself I may reach out to some of you guys to sync up at a range in the near future.

I really should have taken today off.

Balancing all that with my shoulder pain (presumably from the disc problems identified in my neck a few years back) is just killing me the last several days. May put a damper on things.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Sometimes I'll get neck pain and will not be able to move my head to look around and have to move my whole body. This will happen generally for about 3 days and then I get back to normal. The last time it happened I was like that for almost a month. Not sure what is happening there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom