bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n gents

Plan for the day is cleaning a reorganizing. I got everything in on Sunday but its been sitting since. Had some heavy stormage go through lastnight, anybody else have the same?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morn'n gents

Plan for the day is cleaning a reorganizing. I got everything in on Sunday but its been sitting since. Had some heavy stormage go through lastnight, anybody else have the same?
    Heard a little thunder this AM but no apparent damage. Was up until 0200 watching "Cypher" with Barb and her sore throat so just about 1/2 way done with my coffee. Just started raining steadily so no mowing today. Good day to clean guns.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Respectfully, that's actually just a myth and has no effect on cycling or function whatsoever. Those rings will rotate around during cycling to whatever position they want to. They aren't like piston rings in an internal combustion engine (where the clocking matters).
    Hey Carlos, beg to differ with ya!!!! After sending thousands of rounds on the government's nickel, those rings were the main culprit in the FN I had in basic and some of the M-4s we had in Iraq. If the rings were tight and spaced, NO issues. The one I had in basic was loose as a goose. After 1 to 2 mags of burst, it would jam every burst. Drill sergeant "knew" about my rifle, but it was during the Clinton years, so he said "no money for important krap, money was for interns in the 'Oral Office'....." I'd pull it apart and the 3 notches would be inline every time. It was ok on semi, didn't seem to jar them as bad. In Iraq, it was more of the rifle not "breathing properly". The little hole on the end of the buffer tube would get plugged from the wonderful environment we were in, not allowing enough gas to escape. Extra firing pins worked well for us- fit that hole in a pinch.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Going to be putting some rifles, scopes, and some pieces parts in classys but wanted to give you gents first dibs if anyone would be interested.

Sig Sauer MCX Virtus Patrol gen2 fde - anib and never fired.

Remington 40XB 22lr US stamped 22lr trainer heavy barrel - bolt and serial numbers match - wood has two dents from safe packing, can easily be steamed out but otherwise wood is in great condition - all steal is in good shape also - all original

Unertl 20× target w/ Unertl mounts - fine crosshairs - calibrated head - has both end caps - in great condition.

Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16×44 ffp ebr2c reticle - have box and all factory docs - as new condition- been sitting on a rifle that hasn't been shot - been sitting in safe since new and never been used.

There's more but those are the major players. Have rings and other stuff and will be able to give specifics once I dig it all out.

Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone would be interested. Shoot me a pm and we can discuss.

Forgot to mention a Vortex StrikeEagle 1-8 w/ Vortex mount and a Vortex SparcAR gen1 also.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Heard a little thunder this AM but no apparent damage. Was up until 0200 watching "Cypher" with Barb and her sore throat so just about 1/2 way done with my coffee. Just started raining steadily so no mowing today. Good day to clean guns.
    Hope Barb gets to feeling better soon. Was up til 230-3 with the storm, heavy winds and lots of lightning. Heard what seemed to be a few trees coming down around 2. Just did a investigative lap and there's a few trees on my neighbors property that came down. No other damage to report thank God. Atleast the power was back on when I rolled out of bed earlier.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've used anything from CCI Standard, to Lapua CenterX. Thankfully, the Ruger likes Wolf Match Target and Annie likes that and SK Standard Plus. I'm happy to provide you a box of various match grade ammo for you to test with.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I've used CCI, SK, Eley, and I cant remember the others of the top of my heads as everything is still a little foggy. I would be happy to hook you up with some also if you'd like.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Going to be putting some rifles, scopes, and some pieces parts in classys but wanted to give you gents first dibs if anyone would be interested.

Sig Sauer MCX Virtus Patrol gen2 fde - anib and never fired.

Remington 40XB 22lr US stamped 22lr trainer heavy barrel - bolt and serial numbers match - wood has two dents from safe packing, can easily be steamed out but otherwise wood is in great condition - all steal is in good shape also - all original

Unertl 20× target w/ Unertl mounts - fine crosshairs - calibrated head - has both end caps - in great condition.

Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16×44 ffp ebr2c reticle - have box and all factory docs - as new condition- been sitting on a rifle that hasn't been shot - been sitting in safe since new and never been used.

There's more but those are the major players. Have rings and other stuff and will be able to give specifics once I dig it all out.

Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone would be interested. Shoot me a pm and we can discuss.
    Long shot, but got anything in 17 HMR?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hey Carlos, beg to differ with ya!!!! After sending thousands of rounds on the government's nickel, those rings were the main culprit in the FN I had in basic and some of the M-4s we had in Iraq. If the rings were tight and spaced, NO issues. The one I had in basic was loose as a goose. After 1 to 2 mags of burst, it would jam every burst. Drill sergeant "knew" about my rifle, but it was during the Clinton years, so he said "no money for important krap, money was for interns in the 'Oral Office'....." I'd pull it apart and the 3 notches would be inline every time. It was ok on semi, didn't seem to jar them as bad. In Iraq, it was more of the rifle not "breathing properly". The little hole on the end of the buffer tube would get plugged from the wonderful environment we were in, not allowing enough gas to escape. Extra firing pins worked well for us- fit that hole in a pinch.
    So the fix was rotate the rings and that made the rifle run again? Sorry, but I call :bs: on that one. Worn out rings were more likely the culprit than the alignment of the notches. A military issued M4 is going to see way harder use than 99% of civilian owned semi-auto AR15's.

Church, rotate your rings and let us know. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you and Lee11b lunch, along with a formal apology in here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom