• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is my main forum and not because of the Mod thing. The people. All the really great people. The knowledge that is readily shared by those who are a heck of a lot smarter that I am. The gatherings. It has a personality.

Agreed 100%. INGO is fairly unique among other Forums that I am a member of. There is one other that I am a member of on another subject that comes close, but not quite to the same level as INGO. Most others don't even come close, and while I may search on those occasionally, I don't hang out on them.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Being in too much pain for a few days to even get on a computer meant it took a while last night to get caught up on this thread. Haven't even started on the rest of the forum yet.

I woke up last Thursday with bad back pain. It was a bit better Friday so I ignored it. Saturday it was bad and I knew I would be going to the doctors Monday but by late Sunday afternoon I couldn't take it any longer and went to the ER. Lots of questions, a urine test and a CT scan later, they came up with a diagnosis of "acute back pain"...exactly what I told them when I walked in.

I did get a strong dose of NSAID's and a Lidocaine patch that helped a lot and allowed me to get some sleep that night.

Went to the doc Monday and they gave me scripts for more of the patches, a muscle relaxer and was told to take 800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours. Not a lot of improvement overnight but I was told to give it a week.

The good news is it appears to be mostly a muscular problem rather than spinal so it should heal up. They did say that the CT scan showed a small amount of osteoarthritis on one vertebra in the area of pain. The thinking is I probably tweaked things a week before while moving and installing a safe and the muscles were trying to compensate for this. Not sure I'm buying that as there was a full week between the install and the onset of pain.

My back tells me it is time to lay down again. Hope everyone has a good week.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Being in too much pain for a few days to even get on a computer meant it took a while last night to get caught up on this thread. Haven't even started on the rest of the forum yet.

I woke up last Thursday with bad back pain.....

You had indicated after moving the safe that the back was a little sore. Glad it’s mostly muscular.

Try bourbon.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

I woke up last Thursday with bad back pain. It was a bit better Friday so I ignored it. Saturday it was bad and I knew I would be going to the doctors Monday but by late Sunday afternoon I couldn't take it any longer and went to the ER. Lots of questions, a urine test and a CT scan later, they came up with a diagnosis of "acute back pain"...exactly what I told them when I walked in.

I did get a strong dose of NSAID's and a Lidocaine patch that helped a lot and allowed me to get some sleep that night.

Went to the doc Monday and they gave me scripts for more of the patches, a muscle relaxer and was told to take 800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours. Not a lot of improvement overnight but I was told to give it a week.

The good news is it appears to be mostly a muscular problem rather than spinal so it should heal up. They did say that the CT scan showed a small amount of osteoarthritis on one vertebra in the area of pain. The thinking is I probably tweaked things a week before while moving and installing a safe and the muscles were trying to compensate for this. Not sure I'm buying that as there was a full week between the install and the onset of pain.

Wow! Hate to hear this gmcttr! I hope your back gets feeling better soon. There are a lot of pains out there, but it seems like back pain can just totally take you out of commission!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1989....unloading an Indy car at the track for a test. Just me and 1 other guy.The car high sided in the trailer ramp. It was stuck. The tongue jack was broken so we had to improvise. What we came up with was a 2X10 10ft long that was in the garage. I used it as a lever under the gear box to lift the rear wheels enough to free the car and push it back inside. It worked "BUT" something in my back let go right as the car went free and rolled inside. Left side of spine right between the shoulder bladed. Yup, permanent damage to the spine and the ribs attachment points. ER was a joke. Spouse drug me to her Chiro. I had to crawl from the truck the pain was so intense.

He saved me. It took a few visits and some serious work. I am still bothered today by this injury. But hey, getting old is a blessing sometimes yes.....:)

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    1989....unloading an Indy car at the track for a test. Just me and 1 other guy.The car high sided in the trailer ramp. It was stuck. The tongue jack was broken so we had to improvise. What we came up with was a 2X10 10ft long that was in the garage. I used it as a lever under the gear box to lift the rear wheels enough to free the car and push it back inside. It worked "BUT" something in my back let go right as the car went free and rolled inside. Left side of spine right between the shoulder bladed. Yup, permanent damage to the spine and the ribs attachment points. ER was a joke. Spouse drug me to her Chiro. I had to crawl from the truck the pain was so intense.

He saved me. It took a few visits and some serious work. I am still bothered today by this injury. But hey, getting old is a blessing sometimes yes.....:)

1989, there i was, being born...

I think back pain is the tell of a working man...chiropractors are truly life savers. I still go once a week.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It is so easy to take the back for granted until things go south. I see these kids on Youtube doing crazy things and I'm just thinking about how later in laugh they will probably be regretting some of those decisions.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

I'm guessing our range time get together is on hold for a bit....get well friend - we'll find a good time to sling some soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom