The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sounds like a good time for a family photo.

I need to do that but it is tough for two reasons. The first one is because the sons generally have stuff on loan and right now, the P01, a P09 and the 9mm P07 are with them. The second is that it would have to happen when the wife is not around. Over the years, she has stopped asking how many guns I have but I'm guessing that she has no idea how big the collection has grown. I don't want to see her whole shoe collection and she does not want to see my gun collection. We are both happier in our delusions that way.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I need to do that but it is tough for two reasons. The first one is because the sons generally have stuff on loan and right now, the P01, a P09 and the 9mm P07 are with them. The second is that it would have to happen when the wife is not around. Over the years, she has stopped asking how many guns I have but I'm guessing that she has no idea how big the collection has grown. I don't want to see her whole shoe collection and she does not want to see my gun collection. We are both happier in our delusions that way.

Ah, I certainly understand that.

As to you having a problem? Not at all. You haven't yet reached my high water mark, so no problem. :)

We're here to help.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    In all my life making "More" money was never an issue. Having multiple revenue streams fed the addictions.
    Now, as I slow down so does the revenue. I have actually said no to projects lately. That is so not like me.

That will not last too long. Once some of your current projects start to wind down, you will not be able to help yourself but to dive headlong into something new. It might be a gun project, fixing the workshop, building something for the wife or whatever, but I don't think there will be a day when you sit down with zero projects cooking somewhere. Some day when they try to put you in the casket, you'll wake up long enough to make sure there's a decent tool box in there with you.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Good morning everybody!

I just saw that Dick's announced yesterday that they will no longer sell "assault style" weapons, whatever that means. When I first saw it I shrugged it off as "who in their right mind would buy a gun there anyway?" and moved on. I kept thinking about it and it started to irritate me more and more. Their prices are pretty high across the board, firearms and just about everything else they sell. I have been a customer there though in the past. With their recent decision, I will not be a customer in the future. Looking for a corporate address to send a letter to so they know I'm not shopping there. My $200 or whatever a year won't be noticed.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :):

I am slowing down. This winter was hard. Lots of life going on in every direction. It has taken a toll.
    I will be 68 this Friday. And I am really feeling it.

Spring will recharge the battery's.

I feel for you, brother. I know this was a rotten winter for you guys. It was the worst winter in memory around here as well...for several reasons. Hopefully spring will bring better things to us all.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :):

I am slowing down. This winter was hard. Lots of life going on in every direction. It has taken a toll.
    I will be 68 this Friday. And I am really feeling it.

Spring will recharge the battery's.

Happy early birthday CM! Spring is right around the corner. We've entered that time when we go from the occasional warm day to having the occasional cold day. That passes and then they are all warm again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good morning everybody!

I just saw that Dick's announced yesterday that they will no longer sell "assault style" weapons, whatever that means. When I first saw it I shrugged it off as "who in their right mind would buy a gun there anyway?" and moved on. I kept thinking about it and it started to irritate me more and more. Their prices are pretty high across the board, firearms and just about everything else they sell. I have been a customer there though in the past. With their recent decision, I will not be a customer in the future. Looking for a corporate address to send a letter to so they know I'm not shopping there. My $200 or whatever a year won't be noticed.

It is just another blatant "Look at me" attempt using the current tragedy to get in front of the press.
    Anyone stupid enough to pay their prices does not need one anyway.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ah, I certainly understand that.

As to you having a problem? Not at all. You haven't yet reached my high water mark, so no problem. :)

We're here to help.

Thanks BA. Just when I start worrying that I have GAS (Gun Acquisition Syndrome), I stop by this thread and realize that I'm not that odd at all. At least when it comes to guns maybe.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It is just another blatant "Look at me" attempt using the current tragedy to get in front of the press.
    Anyone stupid enough to pay their prices does not need one anyway.

It's further evidence of the attempts to stratify our society into elite and commoners. A decision like that did not come as a result of a company wide show of hands but from a single board of over paid executives that don't mind making money off the commoners, but just don't care to empower them in any way.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I like to think that I have no real addictions. CZs have taught me otherwise. Counting the CZ 1911, I'm up to 20 of the buggers in the house but that includes my son's two in that total. 6 are in .40, 13 in 9mm and 1 in .45. There are 6 polymer framed ones and 9 compacts (P01, 40P, SP01C, SP01C/40, 75 Compact, 2 P10s, 2 P07s). There are 11 full size (2 P09s, 5 pre-Bs, SP01, 75B High polish, 75B .40, 1911). I tend to like odd stuff and limited run CZs seem to attract me like flies to honey. I honestly think I'm done now though. I need to cull the pre-B collection, but two of those are my son's guns (I include these because they live in my safe and I bought the damned things). One of the pre-Bs is rather loose but a great shooter otherwise. It's got a full CGW kit and has been converted to SAO but it looses some of the feel due to the sear cage moving around in the frame.

I've told myself over the years that I really want to have no more than 5. I have trouble deciding which one to let go of, let alone which 15 should go. Maybe I have a problem here. If the count is over 20 come this time next spring, you guys need to do an intervention.

"What did you learn in school today?"
    "Shaaaring":):

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    During my quest to buy a P10c yesterday; they had a PCR at Wrigley - it definitely caught my attention!

Hey Hop, they have a PCR in the case down at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood.
    Enablers, the whole lot of you! 88 - it's been about 6 or so weeks ago, but my son and I took a roadtrip from my pad down to Greenwood to check out The Outdoorsman, and saw then that they had a PCR in the case. It was all I could do to walk away from it. They had a REALLY nice CZ selection, I was definitely impressed!

They are in-stock up my way at Hoosier Armory's new storefront as well. These are like hen's teeth, and I know I need to get off my bum quickly, or wait until who knows when... seems like CZ does the PCR model in short batches, and not nearly as often as they do with many of their other models.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM .... when I'm feeling a bit old, I head to the woods. This was the view from my lunch spot yesterday .... high above the abandoned quarry.

View attachment 64430

And, like me, I bet that you remember (as a boy) playing in the pool just below the waterfall on a hot summer day.

View attachment 64431

I do remember the pool. Man those were great times.
    Then we grow up. Adulting is cool but man.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom