• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Starting the search for a snowblower. I think a single stage will be just fine for the snows we get here, but not certain. From what I can tell, most really like Toro and Honda. There also seems to be some love for Ariens. The Toro units seem to be lighter, which is nice if I want to load it up in the truck, but less weight means plastic in some places that are metal on the Honda.

There is a lot to learn here. It is hurting the brain.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Starting the search for a snowblower. I think a single stage will be just fine for the snows we get here, but not certain. From what I can tell, most really like Toro and Honda. There also seems to be some love for Ariens. The Toro units seem to be lighter, which is nice if I want to load it up in the truck, but less weight means plastic in some places that are metal on the Honda.

There is a lot to learn here. It is hurting the brain.

I had a 10 HP Yard Machine. It had multiple forward speeds and 2 stages. It handled anything you pointed it at.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The new Clark Comped barrel just arrived and I fit it up.
    These truly work.

IrEntgk.jpg

XC7PFHN.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was actually considering picking up a Gen 5 G***k the other day, but then I came to my senses. I have no expectation of it being better than the P10C, but was thinking that it would be interesting to see if it was better than the Gen 3s that I sold a while back. Fortunately, I realized that I could figure the same thing out by renting one instead of throwing money away on something I neither need nor want. The downside is that I missed another good deal on a P10C in the classys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was actually considering picking up a Gen 5 G***k the other day, but then I came to my senses. I have no expectation of it being better than the P10C, but was thinking that it would be interesting to see if it was better than the Gen 3s that I sold a while back. Fortunately, I realized that I could figure the same thing out by renting one instead of throwing money away on something I neither need nor want. The downside is that I missed another good deal on a P10C in the classys.

Well Poop 88. Right time and right place.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Bell's Eccentric Café. Great beers and good food. I recommend any of the IPA's if you like them.

Have to put your birthdate in to get to the website. Be careful. Sometimes it bass ackwards for M-D-Y

https://www.bellsbeer.com/eccentric-cafe

Bell's Two Hearted, yum!

I know right. I offered him for the mags as soon as I saw the ad and someone had beat me by 3 hours :(

On the plus side, for you, I'll likely sell you my P10c.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's what I'm hoping, but as soon as you feel the HBI trigger, you might change your mind....

Realistically, the trigger is good, but overall, it's still probably short of the Caniks you have, so I'm biding my time, collecting my pennies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what I'm hoping, but as soon as you feel the HBI trigger, you might change your mind....

Realistically, the trigger is good, but overall, it's still probably short of the Caniks you have, so I'm biding my time, collecting my pennies.

I dumped my discretionary funds into this....The existing is 22 years old and could take a dump anytime.

0gG6CiO.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The new Clark Comped barrel just arrived and I fit it up.
    These truly work.

IrEntgk.jpg

XC7PFHN.jpg

That sure looks nice, CM. Are comped barrels like that mainly used for competitive shooting ? I would think that it makes it a bit long for a normal holster, and rather hard to carry.
    Someday, I could certainly be interested in purchasing one of your super-special 1911's .... perhaps one of the Springfield Range Officer's that you build and sell !

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Thinking hard about selling. Picking up a 32" monitor for $400 and may need to sell the P10c to pay for it... :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sure looks nice, CM. Are comped barrels like that mainly used for competitive shooting ? I would think that it makes it a bit long for a normal holster, and rather hard to carry.
    Someday, I could certainly be interested in purchasing one of your super-special 1911's .... perhaps one of the Springfield Range Officer's that you build and sell !

Yes the comp does work. It flattens out the recoil. As to length an open end holster will work and you have to adjust how you draw the gun. It is really not hard to do. A person of short stature might not like it.

My spouse finds it easier to run a 1911 in .45 ACP with the comp barrel. The slide stop induced recoil is really all you actually feel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That looks like a whole lot of work.

Hope to get a chance to shoot the new .45 with the comp before somone makes you sell it to them.

Tomorrow I am fabricating the return air plenum the furnace will set on. When I have all of that in place I can fab up the supply plenum and set the coil in it.
    With that done I will take it all apart and pull the unit out of my house and start putting all of this in it's place.
    If I do my part in the fab work the actual install will take a day possibly 2 depending.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Tomorrow I am fabricating the return air plenum the furnace will set on. When I have all of that in place I can fab up the supply plenum and set the coil in it.
    With that done I will take it all apart and pull the unit out of my house and start putting all of this in it's place.
    If I do my part in the fab work the actual install will take a day possibly 2 depending.

It's good to be skilled at something in life and you, my friend, are skilled at a lot of stuff. I'll bet that on a hot summer day, your house would take the award for the coolest in the neighborhood in a lot of categories, not the least of which would be temperature.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hello??? Anyone home? I was going to go to the Range with Tom this morning but didn't feel like going out in the sunshine. So I have been inside in bed most of the day. What say you all? Dead day as well?

How about a range report on that new trigger in the P10 of 88's?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hello??? Anyone home? I was going to go to the Range with Tom this morning but didn't feel like going out in the sunshine. So I have been inside in bed most of the day. What say you all? Dead day as well?

How about a range report on that new trigger in the P10 of 88's?

WTB and I got to compare the two P10Cs, one with the HBI trigger and 1300 rounds through it and the other bone stock, with maybe 250 rounds down the pipe. The gun with the higher round count was smoother and the pre-travel was about 50% of the stock gun. But, other than the much decreased tendency to pinch the trigger finger, I don't think the difference was huge. I could have fun putting 200 rounds through each of them, but at the end, the stock gun would leave me with a tender trigger finger.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom