The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Going to do some woodburning. It has been months since I have touched this TruArt kit.

Pattern is printed on plain white paper. I rub pencil on the back. Tape into position on the wood. Then go over the outline with a pen. The pressure from the pen transfers the pencil to the wood. I keep the printout nearby as reference. Wood is a piece of select pine from B2V.

1000005160.jpg 1000005161.jpg
    This kit is the cat's meow in terms of wood burning. Over $200, but worth every penny. Heats up and cools down fast. Two handles so you can easily switch between two different tips without a waiting period to swap tips.

1000005162.jpg

Before you use a tip for the first time, you must anneal it. Here are some I've used before.

1000005163.jpg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Going to do some woodburning. It has been months since I have touched this TruArt kit.

Pattern is printed on plain white paper. I rub pencil on the back. Tape into position on the wood. Then go over the outline with a pen. The pressure from the pen transfers the pencil to the wood. I keep the printout nearby as reference. Wood is a piece of select pine from B2V.

View attachment 326539 View attachment 326540
    This kit is the cat's meow in terms of wood burning. Over $200, but worth every penny. Heats up and cools down fast. Two handles so you can easily switch between two different tips without a waiting period to swap tips.

View attachment 326542

Before you use a tip for the first time, you must anneal it. Here are some I've used before.

View attachment 326543
    That is awesome looking.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Did I, Ever.!!

(*there's gotta be a joke in there somewhere.....*)

"Now, He's gonna caucus..."

"...both of us..?!!"

I remember the joke about the 2 young girls that were getting there picture taken...it was their first time.

As the photographer gets underneath the large black cover to take the first photo on that older camera - the older sister says

"Now, he's gonna focus...."

and the little sister says "...Boeff of us..?!!"

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Busy day today. I’m finally home and catching up. I was up in Rochester for work today. On my way back I saw that the interchange at 31 and 47 is finally completed. So I took 47 home and stopped by Target Sports in Sheridan. That’s a great little store and some top notch guys that work there. I also stopped at Wilson’s farm market and picked up some of their beloved pretzel bread for the kiddos. Got home in time to eat real fast and head out for our first Special Olympics game of the season. We were down 15 at the half but fought our way up to a tie with 10 seconds left and one of our athletes won it with a buzzer beater! What a way to start the season!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

3 more cameras came in this week. The first is a 1st Gen Canon F-1. The other two are Canon A-1s for repair. The first A-1 is beautiful and looks like it spent its entire life in a display case. There is not even a hint of use. But, it has electrical gremlins that need sorted and (hopefully) fixed. The second was bought for parts. It is rough, and the two parts I need were cheaper to source with a whole camera than individually.

The problem is that the second A-1 looks to be working just fine. It needs cleaned, lubed, and a new battery door, and if I replace the top cover with a spare that I have, it could be nice. So, I may need to source the two needed parts after all. Or, use the really nice but inop camera for parts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom