The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Know where THEIR bore head is….sorry for incorrect grammar. On the plus side, the Christmas decorations in the cold houses I had to relite have been stellar!! I wonder if these idiots will be boring through out the winter??? I can’t wait to freeze me arse off for more blatant stupidity.
    Off soap box now….hot cowboy chicks and dusty boots can continue…..along with those sexy stainless CZ 75s!!!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I didn't want anyone to feel guilty, but since you've mentioned your progress with exercise and diet routines .... there are probably better options than your choices ! :whistle:

Yoga, deep breathing, meditation, and perhaps a worry stone ... for example. :)
    I really need to let the cigars go. At $10 each, my budget doesn't allow for more than a handful a month, but that money would be better spent on film.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    update

The 1911/2011 class is just a few days away. Start time will be 9:00 am and I estimate it will go until about 3.

I have a lot of material I plan on touching on and don’t plan on stopping to take a long lunch. I suggest bringing a snack and if so inclined, anybody that wants to volunteer to bring anything such as bagels, donuts, or some other form of food for the group would be welcome.

Please let me know if you plan on doing that.

In the past I have spent out of my own pocket quite a bit to put these on. But since there is no fee for the class, any help in this area would be appreciated.

Please don’t feel obligated, I am not looking to do a pitch in with a bunch of food just things we can snack on and keep working.

Thank you.

Most of you know but for anyone who isn’t aware, we will be meeting at

Diamond Collision
    292 S. County Road 800 E
    Avon 46123

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Morning wt. Got home this morning late from a gas leak….tis the season. Seems we have another great boring contractor in the Canada region. Bullseye Directional Boring….guaranteed to hit gas mains and services. These guys don’t pothole (which is state law). They seem to know where there bore machine head is…. because the customer doesn’t have gas and the yard smells. I’ve been to 2 hits in the last 7 days with these morons. I think their Dept of Homeland Security fine is up to $25k…. Time for the magnets to cover “Bullseye” and put “No Heat for You” Directional Boring Inc.
    :spend: :spend: :spend: :whistle:waaawaaa2:spend::spend:
    Are they not calling for locates?
    That would be crazy, working in town.
    All you have to do is call for locates and all that liability disappears.

That being said…
    I don’t always call for locates. When it’s been in the family for generations, and it’s an owner operator that cares enough to pay attention, and there’s no pipeline signs around…if there’s nothing there there’s nothing there. And we very rarely encroach on the right of way where the utilities would be.
    When I get anywhere near a small town where the have gas I always call.

The thing is, there’s a lot of chatter among ditchers that the locating is getting worse and worse. There’s ditchers out there who are plowing through fiber that they know is there but can’t get located. They just won’t show up.

10 years ago I called and called, there were 2 pipelines and a fiber I had to work around. Vectren just would not come out. Made the design very hard to work around all three. Been around them a bunch before but they all crossed in this field. The Vectren gas line is like a 8” with 900 psi I was told, so very bad news.

Called and called, no show. I crossed that line 17 times with my tile plow to greatly simplify the design. Also maybe to spite them a little. I was told by a neighbor after the fact that their little white trucks would sit on the road 3/4 of a mile away watching me.
    They lost a lot of respect that day.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster

That being said…
    I don’t always call for locates. When it’s been in the family for generations, and it’s an owner operator that cares enough to pay attention, and there’s no pipeline signs around…if there’s nothing there there’s nothing there. And we very rarely encroach on the right of way where the utilities would be.

The thing is, there’s a lot of chatter among ditchers that the locating is getting worse and worse. There’s ditchers out there who are plowing through fiber that they know is there but can’t get located. They just won’t show up.

10 years ago I called and called, there were 2 pipelines and a fiber I had to work around. Vectren just would not come out. Made the design very hard to work around all three. Been around them a bunch before but they all crossed in this field. The Vectren gas line is like a 8” with 900 psi I was told, so very bad news.

Called and called, no show. I crossed that line 17 times with my tile plow to greatly simplify the design. Also maybe to spite them a little. I was told by a neighbor after the fact that their little white trucks would sit on the road 3/4 of a mile away watching me.
    No they do call for locates, they just don’t have their boring head and box locater calibrated. They said they were 50” deep and hit our 4” main at 36” deep. They also didn’t know they were within the 2 foot protection gap. Plus, boring within the protected zone, they are by law, to use a vacuum spot every 10 feet. These guys don’t have a vac machine, in fact, I haven’t seen a spade or shovel anywhere on their job. They are literally boring blind.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Missed you BRC, especially haunted house stories.
    I don’t miss that place lol.
    Well look what the cat dragged in. How are ya brother?
    Not to shabby other than working more than i would like. Crashed Mrs.BRCs jeep and bought her a Tahoe. Luckily i was alone so we’re all good. Sold the haunted house property and am on the hunt for somewhere new to live. Luckily i never sold the trailer so we’re back there temporarily. Hows the machine shop coming?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

That being said…

Years ago when I lived in Greenfield somebody hit a gas line north of 70 out near Knightstown or Newcastle, you could see the fire from my house

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don’t miss that place lol.

Not to shabby other than working more than i would like. Crashed Mrs.BRCs jeep and bought her a Tahoe. Luckily i was alone so we’re all good. Sold the haunted house property and am on the hunt for somewhere new to live. Luckily i never sold the trailer so we’re back there temporarily. Hows the machine shop coming?
    Good luck on the house hunt. The market sucks. But you probably already knew that.

My little garage machine shop is going great. I'm really enjoying it.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Good luck on the house hunt. The market sucks. But you probably already knew that.

My little garage machine shop is going great. I'm really enjoying it.
    Yep, im going for cheap lol. I hate when banks own my things and ive got more than enough cash from the sale of the HH i should be able to find something in town that i wont owe money on.

Did you finally break down and get a lathe yet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom