The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Purpose? Firearm?
    Quiet varmint hunting, plinking, ?

I would think any subsonic ammo would be pretty quiet with a suppressor.

CCI SV is subsonic and cycles most semi-autos.

There was a discussion recently on RFC that may help (or further confuse :dunno: )

Purpose? Um...range toy more than likely.
    AR22 - Bolt Buddy dedicated upper on a built lower.

Maybe pop a squirrel if I don't get a bolt gun soon.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The CCI SV sould be gtg in semi auto's. The CCI Quiet doesn't cycle a semi auto as I recall and drops off like a rock. It would be ok in a bolt or lever gun plinking close in. The CCI Subsonic HP is basically a HP SV.
    The minimags, etc. are all high velocity and will have a sonic crack.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    For my experiences, the older dark blue box CCI quiet runs more, semi autos than the newer light blue boxes of it I’ve had. It’s still picky and I would say more guns would not run it semi auto than those that would. But if you get a semi auto to run it, it’s very fun to shoot. I typically just stick with CCISV for everything.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Optics cut done on the Dan Wesson .45 Commander. I was without a .45 red dot gun and this is my most accurate one so it got the go ahead. Front sight is a place holder. Plan is to do an initial sight in, then install irons of appropriate height. I will be making a rear sight that installs into the back of the optic and replaces the plastic filler plate.

1000006184.jpg 1000006185.jpg 1000006188.jpg 1000006189.jpg 1000006190.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    any czickos have a rmr footprint red dot laying around they don’t need? Wanna try to put one on the 2011 to see what I think before I decide to buy one or not. Or suggestions on decent cheap optics. Holosun probably the top end of what I’m looking.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    any czickos have a rmr footprint red dot laying around they don’t need? Wanna try to put one on the 2011 to see what I think before I decide to buy one or not. Or suggestions on decent cheap optics. Holosun probably the top end of what I’m looking.
    I have an RMR waiting for a build you would be welcome to use.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Optics cut done on the Dan Wesson .45 Commander. I was without a .45 red dot gun and this is my most accurate one so it got the go ahead. Front sight is a place holder. Plan is to do an initial sight in, then install irons of appropriate height. I will be making a rear sight that installs into the back of the optic and replaces the plastic filler plate.

View attachment 348190 View attachment 348191 View attachment 348192 View attachment 348193 View attachment 348194
    Nice job!
    So, not being very familiar with the 1911 platform, but wanting to learn, I’m curious if there is a real obvious limit to how deep you can mill one?
    I’m only familiar with CZ 75’s and P320 cuts.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Swampfox would be my suggestion if you want a little less expensive than Holosun.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Nice job!
    So, not being very familiar with the 1911 platform, but wanting to learn, I’m curious if there is a real obvious limit to how deep you can mill one?
    I’m only familiar with CZ 75’s and P320 cuts.
    Limit? If you see the firing pin channel and extractor tunnel you went too far. :laugh:

I just go deep enough to where the width of the cut allows the mounting holes to be drilled and tapped, then a tad extra past that to give a little space besides the holes. If the slide is cut for a Novak rear sight, you have to go that deep anyways, so I just cut to that depth or maybe a few thousandths past that if a clean up cut is needed. That seems to work really well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd recommend a Holosun 507c. Buy it right and if you don't like it you should have no issue selling.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'd recommend a Holosun 507c. Buy it right and if you don't like it you should have no issue selling.
    I have a 507c ACSS that I wasn’t using. I just decided to have it mounted a few days ago.

Come to think of it, I bought it off INGO here from zachcz :stickpoke:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Don’t want to spoil myself, bc then I’d be buying an rmr! Bro in-law has a few abs I know I like them. I’m just poor and can’t make myself spend rmr money on a range toy
    I actually like my Romeo’s and Eotechs better than the rmr.
    I know they’re not near as robust as the rmr.
    Rmr was the first and it was very hard to get used too, actually started learning when I got a Romeo, and the larger window spoiled me, which is why it’s not mounted in anything yet.

I could sell it, but then I’d be like “hey does anyone have a rmr I can borrow” like some people I know.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Cleaning up my gun room and have this Apache 3800 I bought to make a range a kit and it’s just sat by my desk for months. Anyone want it for 25 bucks before it hits the classies. Located in shelbyville.
    IMG_5796.jpeg

Top Bottom