The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    All 3 of those Dillon toolheads did that bubbling thing in the same area in the middle. Either some with the metal or the way I prepped and sprayed. I did not soak those parts in cleaner, just a simple cleaning and blasting. They do seem to have some porosity to them, cast aluminum, so maybe something was trapped somewhere?

Finishing cast parts can bring challenges with bubbles. Try heating the parts and allowing them to cool before finishing as that will help push out any trapped solvent or water.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Finishing cast parts can bring challenges with bubbles. Try heating the parts and allowing them to cool before finishing as that will help push out any trapped solvent or water.
    I believe that was the issue. Since they were just test pieces and to save time, I skipped the "gas out" part of the procedure. On the 2011 frame that was not a test piece, I did the gas out and revealed trapped oil in the ejector holes. I decided to remove the ejector, clean everything out and sand blast that area again, reassembled and repeated the degreasing process once again.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    As ugly or as pretty as any of them I’ve seen depending on if you like them or not feels way better to me than prodigy which is my only real 2011 experience and that’s just referring to feeling good to my hand build quality seems the same. Did shoot them side by side and no noticeable difference in either IMG_5749.jpeg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I've already got a semi auto AR22 in the works. Looking for a bolt gun...I hear (:joke:) they are movie quiet.
    This might be more that you want to spend but I think this would be a really cool suppressed 22

Top Bottom