The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They are food folks but generally don’t move on price. I was looking at a revolver a while ago. Asked about a $50 discount as prices were a little soft at the time and Chris pleasantly said he couldn't. 2 weeks later they put it in their website for $50 less than what they had it for in store so I ran up there and bought it as I like having them around. I recently tried to buy this.

Talked about how I could get new SR & OR for less and would need to have theres optic cut but said I would buy theirs instead for $50 less than their asking but again was turned down. Chris said he had too much in it. C’est la vie. I bought brand new from a LGS nearby and but an HPi trigger and striker spring in. Very happy with my pistol. Will still buy from them anytime they have what I want at a price I want.

BUT I see how you dissed me again and dod not call or write when you were just up the block! :dunno:
    Sorry about that. Honestly forgot and my daughter was with me and I wanted to get her back to the dog she is watching and then she had plans after.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Sorry about that. Honestly forgot and my daughter was with me and I wanted to get her back to the dog she is watching and then she had plans after.
    No worries! Just blowing you a little smoke!
    I’ve had similar experiences up there. Some things are priced really well and others are way off. I’m not sure why or if they have multiple buyers that aren’t on same page. Just looking on website there are a few things of same model that seem to be very close in what’s included and prices don’t seem to add up.
    I think there are several factors. Since they are now strictly a used gun dealer they walk a fine line trying to buy enough to keep inventory up and not pay too much that they can’t move that inventory. Also, gun prices are a moving target. It may be a couple of weeks from when they make an offer until they have it in stock to sell and prices sometimes change. I know they generally don’t like to buy modified stuff as its harder to come up with a fair price. And sometimes they just miss the boat, throw it up on GB and let the chips fall where they may. A recent 75 stainless they had in the store for $940 went for $1250 on GB.

Go figure :dunno:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I did get a decent price quoted from Drugs and Guns.com on a 229 SAO legion, but don't think I'll jump currently.

That site is a bit addictive, maybe that's because it's run by a pharmacist ;-)
    If you don’t decide immediately and want to shoot I have both you’re welcome to try, and I’m 15-20 minutes north west of Norm.
    Both SAO with dots.

I was actually at that Kroger and around there about 9-10, thought about stopping in Marksman but had stuff to get to, and the FJ project is eating all my money, I’d like to think about a can with these instant gratification times going on now.

But it does sound like you’re convinced from Allen which is cool too. They are nice, the da/sa of the CZ’s has grown on me a bit though.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you don’t decide immediately and want to shoot I have both you’re welcome to try, and I’m 15-20 minutes north west of Norm.
    Both SAO with dots.

I was actually at that Kroger and around there about 9-10, thought about stopping in Marksman but had stuff to get to, and the FJ project is eating all my money, I’d like to think about a can with these instant gratification times going on now.

But it does sound like you’re convinced from Allen which is cool too. They are nice, the da/sa of the CZ’s has grown on me a bit though.
    Thanks.

Don't think I could go DA/SA myself.

I've been spending money lately like I have it, but if I find a deal on one of these SAO's I can't pass up on one I'll jump.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think I want the 229. I know the 226 is probably more appropriate for range gun, but the 229 seems to be more my preferred size.
    I think accuracy is the same for both of them. Which is in the category of “I can’t believe these are not as accurate as the Tactical, but they are not by a decent margin”.
    I know others have different experiences.

The 229 is still plenty big and heavy enough to shoot comfortably all day.

I actually wore it out this morning just under a t shirt, appendix, and it concealed well enough.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    We're still waiting to put your face on the coin, DM ! :whistle:

3H4A2148%20copy-M.jpg

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Got a .22 can in the safe...and no .22 with a threaded barrel. (Until the AR22 comes home)

Bolt gun and pistol on the list.
    grrrr ... I'm in the opposite situation ... (2) Buckmarks with threaded barrels and (2) .22 cans still in jail.

Turns out starting down the suppressor ownership path with an NFA trust may not have been the best move.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think accuracy is the same for both of them. Which is in the category of “I can’t believe these are not as accurate as the Tactical, but they are not by a decent margin”.
    I know others have different experiences.

The 229 is still plenty big and heavy enough to shoot comfortably all day.

I actually wore it out this morning just under a t shirt, appendix, and it concealed well enough.
    Is the tactical you are mentioning the TacOps or something else? If so it's a short reset DA/SA right?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Thanks.

Don't think I could go DA/SA myself.

I've been spending money lately like I have it, but if I find a deal on one of these SAO's I can't pass up on one I'll jump.
    For that kind of money you could get this, a bunch of cajun parts, visit the wizard and have a slightly lighter similar sized pistol that may make you a da/sa believer. we should meet a MCFG sometime so you can shoot my PCR

ETA link

Top Bottom