The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    First test run completed. This is blue titanium. Will most likely do another batch of something tomorrow. Not sure what yet. Oddly enough, I

The slide is a junk slide that I practiced machining on. A metal AR mag and PMag, along with an A2 grip and an extra Tippmann AR grip.

Had one thin spot on the PMag and a run at the nose of the slide. But, that's what practice is for and I haven't used a professional spray gun since high school auto class like 23-24 years ago. I really like this Iwata LPH80 spray gun and found it strangely satisfying to clean it afterwards.

View attachment 345301
    View attachment 345302 View attachment 345303 View attachment 345304 View attachment 345305 View attachment 345306 View attachment 345307 View attachment 345308 View attachment 345309
    That looks great. I look forward to seeing more tests. I do like that Blue Titanium color.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    T-Dogg looks like he got the colors to match on different materials
    ..... his first time out of the gate ! :alright:
    Beginners luck?

Cerakote does have a process for getting colors to match when sprayed on different substrates (steel, polymer, etc), but I did not follow that procedure for this test.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    No painting tomorrow. Forgot I needed to order a better scale. Needed something that weighs grams down to at least .01 and my nice reloading scale wasn't rated for enough weight (scale only goes to 60g, graduated cylinder alone weighs 70g). Found a 500g scale that reads down to .001 grams on Amazon for $115. Ordered. Done. Maybe now I can sleep a little better now that I got past the beginners jitters stage or whatever they call that. You know the thing.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    No painting tomorrow. Forgot I needed to order a better scale. Needed something that weighs grams down to at least .01 and my nice reloading scale wasn't rated for enough weight (scale only goes to 60g, graduated cylinder alone weighs 70g). Found a 500g scale that reads down to .001 grams on Amazon for $115. Ordered. Done. Maybe now I can sleep a little better now that I got past the beginners jitters stage or whatever they call that. You know the thing.
    I’ve never weighed it.
    Just bought a set of graduated cylinders and measure it that way. Smallest one to measure catalyst and dump it in the bigger one.

Maybe that’s why my work can be inconsistent, but I’ve made multiple mixes per gun at times and those aren’t inconsistent.

I’ll buy a scale sometime though and do it right.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I got some range time today with my nephew. He recently turned 21 and bought himself one of the new Kimber KDS9c (compact double stack 1911-ish). I know, I know… I tried to talk him out of it and into a CZ or Prodigy for the price. But he wanted what he wanted. We had a great time though. I took the P01, 3 1911s, Tanfoglio and Micro 9. The Tisas is running very well after a few basic upgrades and Allen’s class. My nephew’s KDS9c was underwhelming to me (if not down right disappointing). The trigger had a stiffer wall and break than I like. The sights were meh. Recoil felt sharper than my P01 which surprised me. Neither of us shot it well. I’m continuing to love that Tanfoglio Witness Elite Match more and more the more I shoot it. Although, it needs better sights or just a red dot. On the 1st pic the top left and bottom right is the Tisas with hand loads, 5 shots each. Yes, I pulled the first shot on the bottom right. Bottom left was the P01. And top right was the KDS9c, 15 shots. Bottom pic middle group was 10 shots with the P01. All 7 yards standing. I would’ve taken better notes on the targets but my range sharpie was running out.

1712543047629.jpeg
    1712543076639.jpeg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got the Scorpion sighted in with the AEMS. That was simple. As usual a bit tougher with the pistol especially with just a 6MOA dot on the EPS carry.

Got home and mowed, edged, trimmed before the rain came in.

Thinking about braving the eclipse lunacy tomorrow (since Tuesday's forecast calls for rain) and heading out to Proteq to really ring some steel with the Scorpion and give a pistol or 2 a little time as well.

So far I like the AEMS on the high mount, so may ditch the OEM sights and eventually pick up some flip up BUIS.

Definitely need a Maglula for the scorpion. Those mags are thumb busters.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Thinking about braving the eclipse lunacy tomorrow
    I was just ho hum on the whole deal but the more I read about it the more it sounds like it’d be pretty cool to be in the totality zone.
    Our church in Westfield is opening up the parking lot, yard area and the building for restrooms and has arranged for a food truck or two.

It’s not my normal way of thinking to leave home and go to the big city for the end of the world, but I might just this one time.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was just ho hum on the whole deal but the more I read about it the more it sounds like it’d be pretty cool to be in the totality zone.
    Our church in Westfield is opening up the parking lot, yard area and the building for restrooms and has arranged for a food truck or two.

It’s not my normal way of thinking to leave home and go to the big city for the end of the world, but I might just this one time.
    Yeah, I'm just talking about traffic heading out to Proteq in Brazil to get some range time in.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    As this will be my last eclipse, I'm not going to miss it.
    Originally, we were going to the cabin...... then I saw that the "totality time" for Spencer is 4 minutes, and for Greenwood it's the same !

No way I'm getting in the traffic, so I'm sitting in my back yard with a plate of snacks.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good Morning

Kids are still sleeping. School is canceled today for the eclipse. I took today off as well to make it a family day.
    Same here, daughter off school today. I don't work Mondays, so I was already off. Planning on getting some housework done today, maybe wash the wife's car and get a bike ride in. I think we're supposed to have around 2 hours of eclipse today.

Top Bottom