The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Wood splitter running once again. Internet research says mice go where others have gone before by following the smell. Maybe there is something to the mothball solution.
    I’ve got these cool easy set mouse traps / just put peanut butter in and WHAM!!! Grab the upper bar - throw in trash. A little smear of peanut butter- good to go. They are so easy compared to the old wire and wood ones.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Good morning :coffee:

I thought I was going to have a work from home day to catch up on work orders and paperwork but it looks like I’ll be heading to Richmond instead. Oh well, I’d rather be out fixing something than staring at a computer screen anyway. And it looks like a nice day for a drive.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    What red dot reticle do you like on an EDC and why do you like it over other options? I’m not really asking about manufacturers and models, but more about red dot reticle types. Small 2moa dot, larger 6moa dot, circle/dot, chevron, green/red, etc…. I’ve never carried a red dot. I only have red dots on range guns. I primarily have holosuns with the circle dot and I like it at the range but I’m thinking the circle dot reticle may be too “busy” for quick defensive purposes. I’ve heard/read that a simple large dot is better for personal defense. I’m curious of y’all’s opinions on this.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Henri wants to have some GPT sometime today. Still thinking about a suppressor for the Mk.12 but I’m trying to get more cash put away.
    Might as well spend it on something useful. TEOTWAWKI will make it worthless anyway. Better to have beans and bullets, seeds and alcohol, knowledge and gumption.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What red dot reticle do you like on an EDC and why do you like it over other options? I’m not really asking about manufacturers and models, but more about red dot reticle types. Small 2moa dot, larger 6moa dot, circle/dot, chevron, green/red, etc…. I’ve never carried a red dot. I only have red dots on range guns. I primarily have holosuns with the circle dot and I like it at the range but I’m thinking the circle dot reticle may be too “busy” for quick defensive purposes. I’ve heard/read that a simple large dot is better for personal defense. I’m curious of y’all’s opinions on this.
    I have both 6MOA dot (407k) and the circle and dot (507c) and at this point in where I am, I'd be fine with either for carry given the purpose is close quarters. I know you didn't ask models but I'm contemplating the EPS carry for carry gun since it's an enclosed reticle and it can be obtained with either of the above types of reticles. I don't think the circle dot would be too busy for carry, been fine shooting FNS with it, as was the 6 MOA dot.

The circle dot could give you the ability for more precision if needed with the smaller dot inside the circle, but I'd think the 6 MOA dot would be fine for carry as well.

That said, I would not go with one of the very small dots alone (2 MOA for example) for carry. It would be too tough for me to properly find it under pressure given my current experience level.

I believe @mcapo likes the ACSS Vulcan reticle if I remember correctly and that looks interesting.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom