The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Got to the range with my new 1911 and my Prodigy. Zero issues with either gun. I do shoot the Prodigy better but have more time with it. Overall I'm very happy with the 1911. I'm thinking about an optic in the future as I was having issues seeing the front sight. Anybody have experience mounting an optic on a 1911?
    I’d like to get some experience mounting a dot on a 1911. But I’m also afraid.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I will be ordering my EPS Carry tomorrow (LGS is matching my online price but does not have the one I want in stock). Once that arrives I will be making a trip to Canada with a few things. There will be plenty of room in the car if any in central IN want to send something.
    You popping for the circle/dot version? That's the one I will be getting. Just not sure when.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Visited the NW corner of my ground today for the first time and it looked like I was the first visitor is quite a while. Survey post was a telephone pole about chest high which I've not seen around here before, they are usually pins or stakes.. Messy place with lots of scrub, briars and vines so it doesn't surprise me it's not visited much. Stood there for a bit and looked out into what are the long stretches of HNF ground that see no people at all. Found no sheds, but I found no trash either. It's a respectful feeling when you walk around someplace where people don't go.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Visited the NW corner of my ground today for the first time and it looked like I was the first visitor is quite a while. Survey post was a telephone pole about chest high which I've not seen around here before, they are usually pins or stakes.. Messy place with lots of scrub, briars and vines so it doesn't surprise me it's not visited much. Stood there for a bit and looked out into what are the long stretches of HNF ground that see no people at all. Found no sheds, but I found no trash either. It's a respectful feeling when you walk around someplace where people don't go.
    That's awesome. I'd love to have enough land that I hadn't got to parts of it. My wife would not be fond of that kind of living at least for a full time place.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'd like to direct mount an EPS carry. The DPP is 1.31" in width vs 1.07" for the EPS carry. Looking for as little to no overhang.
    EPS carry uses the smaller "K" series footprint and smaller window size. It would be a good choice for a 1911 without overhang. The fixture plate I made was designed specifically with that footprint in mind, because it uses a 3" radius curve on the front and a 2.375" radius curve on the rear. I can do this for you, if you want, CZ discount applies.

If you feel more comfortable having AllenM or someone else do it, I certainly understand and would not have any hard feelings. If you choose me, I just need the slide and the red dot to make magic.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's awesome. I'd love to have enough land that I hadn't got to parts of it. My wife would not be fond of that kind of living at least for a full time place.

The gardener and I talked about it a lot before we moved. I didn't want her to feel like I was dragging her off to the wilderness, and it's not. You can drive a half an hour and be right back in civilization, but not the big city. Even hunters don't go out deep into the HNF as you would have to drag game animals back to an entrance, nothing motorized allowed. I have run into people out there on horses though.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That's really interesting. To have that kind of land is certainly a dream of many. Very cool.

Top Bottom