The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    From reading around here, I thought the rules were you had to finish the bottle of wine before the bidding picked up?

I think those are KJQ's rules, but I'm limited on alcohol. I've been in bidding wars over Winchesters before, but these days it seems the amount of money out there chasing them is large. I'm just getting old I suppose.;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well if your 4” weighs 10 pounds more than the Kurt, that says something about the quality. Kind of the gold standard.

No homo.
    The Glacern design equivalent to that Kurt DX4 is about the same weight. However, the Kurt 3400V is the same design as the Glacern I bought and is 28lbs, so I guess either way the Kurt is lighter. And that Kurt 3400V is over $1200. I'm not saying Kurt isn't good, but I don't need a Mercedes to do what I want. Not when I used the equivalent of a Chevy Cavalier to already put out a good product.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The Glacern design equivalent to that Kurt DX4 is about the same weight. However, the Kurt 3400V is the same design as the Glacern I bought and is 28lbs, so I guess either way the Kurt is lighter. And that Kurt 3400V is over $1200. I'm not saying Kurt isn't good, but I don't need a Mercedes to do what I want. Not when I used the equivalent of a Chevy Cavalier to already put out a good product.
    Sometimes "good enough" really is.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have a Kurt but just because it came with the mill in the auction.
    I have some other brands and I’d say you’re spot on, less than half price will do 98% of the job!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go fondle my Staccato and 2011 builds. :):
    Speaking of that, Joe Rogan had Colion Noir on his podcast recently and they were touting the Staccatos and their range and mfr facility in TX after getting a tour and shooting at the range. Sounded cool.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I am grateful my mind lets me be when I am asleep. Your insomnia along with your fellow insomniacs' troubles around here worry me a bit, I have to admit. Here's hoping the finished projects are worth the lost sleep. Progress so far has impressed me.

No problem with insomnia. I have it mastered. ;-)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Anyone else up drinking coffee, ordering gun parts, bluing solution and machining tools/equipment?

:coffee:
    Yes, but with a different focus. I'm drinking coffee, ordering camera parts, film and darkroom equipment. I'm still shooting though. Both bullets and film.

While in NC, I picked up some .45 ammo. Last fall, my sister said that the had a friend that wanted to sell his stash of .45 ammo. She didn't know what he had but said that he wanted $25. I thought $25 a box, but he said no. $25 for the whole box. Having no real idea of what I was buying, I sent my sister $25.

I finally picked it up when in NC and the 'box' of ammo turned out to be a box with 250 rounds of WWB and two 20 boxes of Sig 185g Crown HP ammo. Not bad for $25.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom