The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I've been spending more time in the darkroom lately. One of the things I've been having fun with is finding old negatives to print. Some have turned out quite nice given the age and lack of care the negatives have had. This is a shot from about 1988 while I was working at UAL on the widebody overhaul line. We were bringing a Flying Tigers 747 freighter into the dock that night. This was shot at about 3am or so.
    View attachment 330268
    I'm happy with how well it came out in a frame.
    05533441852e04889d96add74a4031f0.jpg

I can see why you’re happy about the way it turned out! That looks amazing!! Very nicely done!!

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    My much loved Kershaw Leek broke (user induced abused). The question I wrestle with is to replace it with a Leek or a Civivi Elementum?

cace76da00f328485fec7c34b0085b85.jpg

b6e0cb10268cbd6b583b969b6c4da572.jpg
    I have the Leek as my EDC and it’s great. But I’ve always wanted the Benchmade Emissary. It’s similar profile to the Leek but not quite as small and thin. It’s discontinued now but there are still a few to be found.

Benchmade - Mini Emissary 470-1 Knife, Drop-Point Blade, Plain Edge, Satin Finish, Black Handle, Made in the USA
    https://a.co/d/b8yspeL

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My much loved Kershaw Leek broke (user induced abused). The question I wrestle with is to replace it with a Leek or a Civivi Elementum?

cace76da00f328485fec7c34b0085b85.jpg

b6e0cb10268cbd6b583b969b6c4da572.jpg

Replace this with a CZ!
    Then later just pick up another Leek, but not as a replacement, just as a new knife. Introduce it to the CZ one evening and the three of you have a good time and a few laughs while enjoying a little rye and sending late night texts to H45.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Replace this with a CZ!
    Then later just pick up another Leek, but not as a replacement, just as a new knife. Introduce it to the CZ one evening and the three of you have a good time and a few laughs while enjoying a little rye and sending late night texts to H45.
    Can I get a link to that $60 CZ? The rest sounds good except H45 goes to bed at like 7:30.... ;-)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Does the Randall knife have a Heiser sheath? I see those sold by Heiser collectors and they always have Randall knives in them.
    I believe the older ones are Heiser. They then when to Johnson (?) and, last I knew, Sullivan in Orlando made them.

....but that is probably very incomplete information. Mine is from the late 80's so would be a Sullivan....I think.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

The looks of the Leek never caught my eye and the straight edge makes me think "boxcutter".

My current favorite EDC is the Benchmade Mini Bugout at 1.5 oz. I have both the white and carbon fiber versions.

My around the house box cutter is Kershaw Launch 10.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    The looks of the Leek never caught my eye and the straight edge makes me think "boxcutter".

My current favorite EDC is the Benchmade Mini Bugout at 1.5 oz. I have both the white and carbon fiber versions.

My around the house box cutter is Kershaw Launch 10.

Y’all are going the wrong way in price point. lol

Except [mention]Born2vette [/mention] , I have no idea what direction he is heading.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Y’all are going the wrong way in price point. lol

Except [mention]Born2vette [/mention] , I have no idea what direction he is heading.
    I am not a big must carry a knife all the time and most of mine are simple pocket knives (think Boy Scouts or Swiss Army). The only ‘nice’ one i own is this (because I got a good deal on it and it was cheap). Not the best but serves its purpose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom