A Baer and a CZ. Wow.

8f4216f988191ac3152017040c6de3b2.jpg

47b2534c5caa40281f6a6059c3b2695d.jpg

d8c43c10606c153da479a4e4ac25df1b.jpg

e0188cc32250a9b8452c3876d05812b1.jpg

e7e15ae58da6aa7a8b467238690bfd4e.jpg

034c0b197fdb1c8a2103db3cc63fd0a2.jpg

a64397d0ae51ec549286109ce9552d4d.jpg

I'm usually lurking because I'm on only a few minutes a day, so I keep up with the daily news (on here). But since this is the Czickness forum, you could say I have it...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    First time I've had to go into an office for quite some time. Get on I70 to head to customer location and smack, rock to the windshield. Got an appointment on Friday for replacement.

Hopefully the shop can do this properly as they discussed with me on the phone. Lots of shops can't figure out how to properly replace an FJ windshield along with the necessary clips, and molding piece removal.

Looks like it was fairly quiet in here today.
    And of course, I get to the Southside today for my appt, after having called yesterday to confirm they have all the parts and clips, etc that one needs to replace a windshield for an FJ, and about 25 minutes after getting there am informed they don't have everything they need, and they will order the additional parts. Should be in on Monday...

Told them I would call before I head down on Monday to confirm.

Ugh, nothing like questioning multiple times because FJs are different for windshields and being reassured they had everything, and then having them still not have all the parts.

I am glad that the installer recognized it and didn't just try to make up the difference with silicone.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My oldest is ferrying an airplane down to Puerto Rico today and tomorrow. Raleigh, NC is half way through today's leg, so he's flying into the county airport south of Raleigh for fuel and lunch. My sister and mother are meeting him for lunch when he stops briefly. Then, on to FL today. Tomorrow , he makes the long over water part of the trip.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And of course, I get to the Southside today for my appt, after having called yesterday to confirm they have all the parts and clips, etc that one needs to replace a windshield for an FJ, and about 25 minutes after getting there am informed they don't have everything they need, and they will order the additional parts. Should be in on Monday...

Told them I would call before I head down on Monday to confirm.

Ugh, nothing like questioning multiple times because FJs are different for windshields and being reassured they had everything, and then having them still not have all the parts.

I am glad that the installer recognized it and didn't just try to make up the difference with silicone.

If you had a jeep, you’d be home with a new windshield right now

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    If you had a jeep, you’d be home with a new windshield right now
    And it would be bug splattered with heavy amounts of bug juice…..Jeeps don’t slice the wind….they hammer thru. I always hate driving when the bugs come out after winter…. There are times when a scraper works better than a squeegee….BUT driving a 1974 deuce an a half down to hurricane Katrina….we encountered “love bugs”. Our convoy actually had to pull over and scrap windshields because those pneumatic WW2 wipers weren’t cutting it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And it would be bug splattered with heavy amounts of bug juice…..Jeeps don’t slice the wind….they hammer thru. I always hate driving when the bugs come out after winter…. There are times when a scraper works better than a squeegee….BUT driving a 1974 deuce an a half down to hurricane Katrina….we encountered “love bugs”. Our convoy actually had to pull over and scrap windshields because those pneumatic WW2 wipers weren’t cutting it.
    Grew up in FL. Love bugs are a plague.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Grew up in FL. Love bugs are a plague.
    Hurricane Katrina blew them up to northern Mississippi when we were driving down. Locals told us “they were a coastal thing”. Of course, deuces are the farthest thing from a real driving performance machine….lol. Every time we stopped for diesel, they were getting a half a gallon of oil and topping off the radiator along with the love bug scrape. At least when you sleep next to a deuce, the mosquitoes stay away…..something about diesel and burning oil….keeps the blood suckers away!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom