Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks. Finally got a good night's sleep for a change.

New wood burning kit arrived yesterday, so I'm excited to get some practice in with that tonight. I'm also finishing up another big metal robot piece that I think ya'll will really like. I should have pictures up later today or this evening. @RustyHornet brought me a box of goodies full of scrap metal from an engine and some axle parts, looking forward to making something out of that stuff.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Hello, all!

The GaG CZ P-07 arrived at the LGS yesterday afternoon (Friday afternoon->Tuesday, not shabby at all!).

Unless the universe conspires against me, planning on swinging by Top Shot over lunch.
    Got it yesterday during lunch... dry fired until my carpel tunnel told me to stop! Lol!

Now just waiting on the Vedderer holster to ship as well as the Laser Academy training kit I ordered yesterday.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Got it yesterday during lunch... dry fired until my carpel tunnel told me to stop! Lol!

Now just waiting on the Vedderer holster to ship as well as the Laser Academy training kit I ordered yesterday.
    For extended dryfire sessions, you might consider using an oring or earplug over the firing pin area where the hammer hits. This is to prevent damage to the firing pin roll pin, the firing pin hits it during dryfire. Just a thought.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    For extended dryfire sessions, you might consider using an oring or earplug over the firing pin area where the hammer hits. This is to prevent damage to the firing pin roll pin, the firing pin hits it during dryfire. Just a thought.
    I appreciate the suggestion!

I had seen this here and in CZ forums, various places, so I'm limiting my dry fire to the de-cocked position, both to keep my spring-loaded snap cap in place and to avoid a "rack the slide after every shot" training scar.

I'm hoping the spring loaded snap-cap provides the same protection ???

My plan is to Laser Academy train the **** out of draw to first (de-cocked) DA shot... (maybe a little rap/second strike full DA from hammer down).

Plan is for all/almost all of the de-cocked DA first to SA second shot training to be live fire... not seeing a good way to train that other than live fire.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Come on now, you have got to have more to say than just this every day.

Maybe he lets his 1911s do the talking?

A Baer and a CZ. Wow.

8f4216f988191ac3152017040c6de3b2.jpg

47b2534c5caa40281f6a6059c3b2695d.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom