Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    1911 work on the bench this morning was not as much fun as I had planned.

Ed Brown Barrel bushings:
    Accidentally took off too much material off the ID of the barrel bushing for the .45 Tisas. I wanted 0.579", ended up at 0.582". That's about how well the stock bushing fit for that dimension. However, the bushing to slide fits nice and tight now. I may order another bushing to correct it for peace of mind. The 9mm Tisas bushing went great and got the tolerances I wanted.

Wilson Combat full length guide rods:
    Neither of the factory Tisas recoil springs fit the new guide rods very well, with the .45 spring being worse of the two. I had new recoil springs for the .45 already on the shelf, so that was easily remedied. On the 9mm I sanded the new guide rod down a little bit and polished it up, seems to be good to go for now, but I may order a Wolff spring in the future for peace of mind.

Fusion slide stops:
    These were a disappointment. First off, I thought they were going to be non-MIM, but found them to be MIM. I went back and re-read the description on their site. The non-checkered version specifically states those are non-MIM. The checkered ones I bought do not state that, but also don't specifically say they are. I could get over this for the price, especially considering these are for "budget friendly" 1911 guns. What really irked me was when I measured the shaft diameter. They are advertised at 0.1995 - 0.2005" diameter on the shaft that goes through the frame and barrel link. The ones I received measured 0.1975" and 0.198", smaller than what was advertised. Not good when the goal was to reduce tolerances. So, these are getting sent back on Tuesday.

.45 slide stop.jpg
    9mm slide stop.jpg

9mm .jpg
    .45.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Happy Fathers Day gentlemen
    Back atcha TT. Good to see you. Same to all the pops on here. Spoke to a nephew today who is about 3 months from being a dad for the first time. Told him I was looking forward to being a Great Uncle. Got told I was already great Uncle. When the baby comes I'll be a great Great Uncle. He is a good kid.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I got to slide my bike sideways down a steep hill today. I was thinking "how far am I going to go before it stops" right before I went over the bike and the bike went over me and we stopped. Going down was a lot easier than getting the bike back up to the trail.

It still beats the heck out of working. :D
    Wow! I hope you are okay!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My daughter was in town yesterday but had to go back to TH for work last evening. First she helped me wrangle all 3 animals to the vet for their annual exam. Super helpful as taking all 3 of them by myself while the back is in bad shape is a little tough.

She took me to the Rusted Silo yesterday in Lizton for lunch and then we hit the dairy bar on the way back for some ice cream.

My son sent me a Lowe's gift card which quickly got spent today along with a good bit more on some replacement landscaping lights. Pulled up some old ones behind the deck along with the old wire, and ran a new stretch of low voltage wire and the new lights today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom