Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Time to get this day in motion.

Nice rain yesterday. More tomorrow.
    I sure hope so, more tomorrow!
    This was nice, got anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 inch around but will need more quick.
    Hoping for a pattern change.

And morning all!

Spent the weekend training at the Lebanon PD range with Donovan Moore of Point1 Tactics. Was very challenging as his standards are the highest I’ve ever experienced and he completely immerses you from the get-go. It’s also a mental hurdle to realize you are at the bottom of the barrel in the class and you have to perform better, now.

He was full of grace and humility while also being able to tell you you had s$&t for brains, and to stop doing what you’re doing! He was awesome.

We got wet yesterday and I was happy about that, although disappointed we didn’t quite finish everything.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just when I thought I had this back issue on the downhill drag, pain started ripping down the other leg that has not been a problem, last night.

Going to be calling spine Dr this morning and see if an injection is in order. I can't deal with this all over again on the other side.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good morning folks

Checked some things off the "gun stuff" want list last night. Ordered additional mags for some handguns and the daughter's rifle. Also purchased a set of Hogue wraparound grips for the Witness .45 (BA's favorite grip). And then decided to finish upgrading the Tisas 1911 Commanders (.45 and 9mm). They both are getting Wilson full length guide rods, Ed Brown oversized/gunsmith fit barrel bushings and Fusion non-MIM slide stops. The bushings and slide stops will reduce tolerances down to a more respectable level for an increase in accuracy, the guide rod upgrade is because I like them and my other 1911's have them.

This was the alternate option to buying a new gun.

Still on the upgrade list is custom slide machining, probably on the 9mm 1911. I'm in no hurry on that, enjoying some other stuff right now like wood burning, metal art and bike riding. Feels good to have options.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just when I thought I had this back issue on the downhill drag, pain started ripping down the other leg that has not been a problem, last night.

Going to be calling spine Dr this morning and see if an injection is in order. I can't deal with this all over again on the other side.
    I've noticed a trend of back issues with guys who have big decks. :dunno:

On a serious note, sorry to hear about the pain, hope you get relief soon.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good morning folks

Checked some things off the "gun stuff" want list last night. Ordered additional mags for some handguns and the daughter's rifle. Also purchased a set of Hogue wraparound grips for the Witness .45 (BA's favorite grip). And then decided to finish upgrading the Tisas 1911 Commanders (.45 and 9mm). They both are getting Wilson full length guide rods, Ed Brown oversized/gunsmith fit barrel bushings and Fusion non-MIM slide stops. The bushings and slide stops will reduce tolerances down to a more respectable level for an increase in accuracy, the guide rod upgrade is because I like them and my other 1911's have them.

This was the alternate option to buying a new gun.

Still on the upgrade list is custom slide machining, probably on the 9mm 1911. I'm in no hurry on that, enjoying some other stuff right now like wood burning, metal art and bike riding. Feels good to have options.
    With the family room project winding down, I'm starting to get my head back in the firearm world again. I need to do a musical chair thing with AR optics and then take a hard look at paring the collection down some. Today, I have a CZ75B Compact on my hip. It was my first CZ and is still one of my favorites. I really need to get to the range though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom