THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    True! After making a cup I removed the pod and was very happy that there was no mess. I will try putting more in next time and a slight press to compact it. I can't wait til morning! LOL
    Be careful compacting it too much. Especially if you’re using a finer grind on a Keurig. If the grounds are “pressed” into the k cup the extra resistance during brewing will wear out the Keurig air pump prematurely. I used to “press” the grounds in the k cup and wore out the Keurig pump every 6-12 months. I went through several before I realized it wasn’t a fluke and learned my lesson. Now I just tap the k cup on the counter to settle the grounds. We also grind our beans fine. A more coarse grind will probably be more forgiving.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Quick cup of Black Granite out of the Keurig with porridge drizzled with honey and peanut butter. Yummy.

Be careful compacting it too much. Especially if you’re using a finer grind on a Keurig. If the grounds are “pressed” into the k cup the extra resistance during brewing will wear out the Keurig air pump prematurely. I used to “press” the grounds in the k cup and wore out the Keurig pump every 6-12 months. I went through several before I realized it wasn’t a fluke and learned my lesson. Now I just tap the k cup on the counter to settle the grounds. We also grind our beans fine. A more coarse grind will probably be more forgiving.

Not only that, but packing it too tight could cause it to not extract properly and your coffee will taste bad.

Stomach bug has been going through our house. Looks like it’s my turn…

Hope you all get better soon!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    BTW, posted this in the deals thread, but someone here might be interested in a P10C OR for ~$420:

I believe the have the P10F OR in stock as well.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You don’t say?
    That must have been the problem the time or 2 I tried it (25 years ago)!

Why do I feel you're talking about coffee in general? Coffee is known to be an acquired taste. Most people are put off by the bitterness (or sourness, acidity, etc.) of coffee. Generally, when you first try it, adding creamer and sugar make it more palatable. By the time you're hooked, er, um, have developed a taste for it, you can often drink it black due to enjoying the taste of it by itself... ;)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Why do I feel you're talking about coffee in general? Coffee is known to be an acquired taste. Most people are put off by the bitterness (or sourness, acidity, etc.) of coffee. Generally, when you first try it, adding creamer and sugar make it more palatable. By the time you're hooked, er, um, have developed a taste for it, you can often drink it black due to enjoying the taste of it by itself... ;)
    That’s what the guys at the Flyin Rebel truck stop (ok if you know that place we’re friends) told me, that I had to acquire a taste for it.
    I thought, no I don’t.
    Just never have acquired the taste.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That’s what the guys at the Flyin Rebel truck stop (ok if you know that place we’re friends) told me, that I had to acquire a taste for it.
    I thought, no I don’t.

I started drinking out of the coffee cups my Mom or Dad would leave lying around while they were doing other things when I was 10 or 11. They both drank it with cream and sugar and it was delicious. I never had to acquire the taste. It had enough cream and sugar it was like a liquid dessert :):

I was hooked on it by the time I was 13 and drinking it as often as possible by the time I was 15. I finally started drinking it black a couple years ago, to get away from so much sugar intake. I'll occasionally add milk or creamer if it's too bitter, but as long as it's halfway decent I'll just drink it black. To each their own ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I thought, no I don’t.
    Cocaine doesn't have that bitter taste and has a more pronounced stimulate effect. At least, according to what I've read on the internet and seen in movies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm lucky that I stopped drinking cola 30 years ago and all pop over a decade ago. I firmly believe that has improved my health quite a bit. Never got into energy drinks. Drank a few when doing long car trips and the downsides were horrid (as was the taste). Coffee and water for me mostly, with the occasional Powerade. Even more occasional beer or margarita, but I have to phase those out as well... :(

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm lucky that I stopped drinking cola 30 years ago and all pop over a decade ago. I firmly believe that has improved my health quite a bit. Never got into energy drinks. Drank a few when doing long car trips and the downsides were horrid (as was the taste). Coffee and water for me mostly, with the occasional Powerade. Even more occasional beer or margarita, but I have to phase those out as well... :(
    Good intentions are almost as good as good habits.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom