• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Heard a few shots somewhere west/southwest/northwest(?) of Bloomington. I have a few BLANK rounds loaded... Don't know if I will fire them off or not... yet!

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    It sounds like a war zone outside, no joke. I am sitting in an interior room with my dogs. I live in Atlanta (GA) and at the end of my street is a bad area. It's been non-stop gun fire of various distances and calibers (some fireworks mixed in there too of course). God only knows where they are aiming and what goes up must come down :(

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    not to put too fine a point on it, but technically, gravity is still a theory... as for guns and NYE, after watching one of my ex-gf's grandmother go stupid with a .22 pistol and hit a transformer on the nearest telephone pole, i stay away from those that think it's fun to do..

Actually, the law of gravity is a law, but why gravity happens is a theory.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    For about 15 minutes tonight, 5 before and 10 after, it sounded like a war zone around here too. Some were fireworks, but most were guns.

I love my neighborhood.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Sounded like WW3 here in Morgan county for 20minutes or so. I dont think a gun ban would work around here. Someone is shooting right now at 12:53. Crazy

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Nothing like gettin' all boozed up, slappin' on the old huntin' boots, trompin' out in the snow a bit and shootin' holes in the ole pickem up truck. WOOOoooooo HOOoooo

Right? There's a big difference between being a redneck, and being a stupid ass.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    usually in my near-eastside neighborhood, the sh*theads start shooting about 11;30 (as they can't tell time) and I hear shots until 12:30 or so. Last night it seemed to be of shorter duration, only about 15 minutes each side of midnight. Must be higher ammo costs as I have witnessed in the past the "thugs" buying a box or two for the event. I have had bullet holes in my awning out back in the past.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have a acetylene cannon. It is all noise and no re-coil. Sounds like a small field piece when properly used. Real a blast.
    We did not use it last night as there are 2 new family's just behind us and we have not properly adjusted them to the area as yet.

Happy New year

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    Have new apartments a few hundred yards down the road. ARG ! Anyway they started about 15 min. before midnight and one idiot went a shot a minute until at least 1:00 maybe later. I finally fell asleep. Kept thinking I would hear sirens but never did.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Next dor neighbor unloaded his Glock 23 at 11:37, thats when neighbor #2 decided to serenade everyone with his unused stash of 4 July surplus.

COUNTERBATTERY fire is looked down upon by Fishers PD.
    Therefore wife and I Just had to wait it out. I cant see wasting a clip of .40 into the air Falujiah style.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    What ever happened to using blanks? I would go celebrate at a friend's house, get ye ol' registered Cobray .380 out (back when I had her :( ), load several magazines with blanks (and uber careful about keeping the good ammo from the blanks), and fire the blanks into the ground away from people.

Just as soon as we say stuff like this, people will say "Well, Mythbusters did this and..." well, explain the holes in people's roofs after New Years and 4th of July.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    What ever happened to using blanks? I would go celebrate at a friend's house, get ye ol' registered Cobray .380 out (back when I had her :( ), load several magazines with blanks (and uber careful about keeping the good ammo from the blanks), and fire the blanks into the ground away from people.

Just as soon as we say stuff like this, people will say "Well, Mythbusters did this and..." well, explain the holes in people's roofs after New Years and 4th of July.

Mythbusters said it IS dangerous actually as I recall. If it's even off by 1 or 2 degrees from straight up, it's perfectly lethal.

Top Bottom