• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Kinda sounds like an answer looking for a problem to me.

The LCR was designed to be deep carry/BUG. So why put a hammer on it that will only further restrict its ability to be concealed?

This will all but eliminate the ability to pocket carry an LCRx, as if the LCR wasn't hard enough already, for some, to pocket carry.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And it's not like it's a hard trigger pull to begin with. I don't get it either. Just bought an LCR .357 this week, and would not have wanted it with a hammer.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    And it's not like it's a hard trigger pull to begin with. I don't get it either. Just bought an LCR .357 this week, and would not have wanted it with a hammer.

I love my LCR .357. Its always close by when I'm at home and I stick it in my pocket to walk the dog.

I'm sure it will serve you well.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Kinda sounds like an answer looking for a problem to me.

The LCR was designed to be deep carry/BUG. So why put a hammer on it that will only further restrict its ability to be concealed?

This will all but eliminate the ability to pocket carry an LCRx, as if the LCR wasn't hard enough already, for some, to pocket carry.

That was my thought exactly. I'm a huge Ruger fan and I'm currently in the market for a LCR in .357. I'm just wondering how big a market share Ruger is envisioning with the LCRx.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That was my thought exactly. I'm a huge Ruger fan and I'm currently in the market for a LCR in .357. I'm just wondering how big a market share Ruger is envisioning with the LCRx.

I doubt they think they will gain a huge share of the market. But how many gun owners are there in the US? Even 5% of that market is a huge number of gun sales. So I understand why they did it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Honestly I wish Ruger would stop offering new variations and concentrate their resources on building the existing models. If I want a hammer I will buy an SP101

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I fully understand the point of a hammerless pistol. I myself, simply like the option of DA or SA.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I would've rather Ruger spend their resources to fix the LC9 trigger so I wouldn't have to pull it for 20 minutes before I hear a bang!

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I like to have the option I guess, but I can't imagine I'd use it much. 3" sp 101 is about perfect other than weight, and I like the lcr too and would consider the x variant in .357 myself. I think it's too big for pocket carry so hammer is no big deal to me, but then again I've never owned one to try.

INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    I own a LCR in 357 and it's great for concealed carry, Not pocket carry. And a hammer version will be a nice addition, My daughter is looking for a small light weight revolver and this might fit the bill. And it will give me a good excuse to buy a new gun.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My first little revolver was a hammerless. My wife followed suit and went with the LCR. My dad is still stuck on having a hammer. I have since went both ways with my J frames, owning some with, and without hammers. Both styles have their merits, and I am sure it wanst a huge engineering leap to put a hammer in the LCR. Ruger is just accommodating another segment of the customer base with the new model. Cant fault them for wanting a slightly bigger slice of the pie.

Top Bottom