The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In general, I would agree. But an indictment is at least 3 levels above anything on cable news or the blogosphere. In Mueller's case, I see him on the side of civilization vs. chaos.

I see him on the side of the entrenched Washington bureaucracy vs. those who wish to return to a government that actually represents the people.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I see him on the side of the entrenched Washington bureaucracy vs. those who wish to return to a government that actually represents the people.

Mueller is now prosecuting crimes that happened during his tenure as FBI director and he knew about at the time. And we are to be impressed with him for that? Absurd.

This is someone who found out about crimes and held onto them until it was politically convenient to prosecute them. Now manafort will be pressured to turn on Trump. Hence the convenience of charging.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Knowing how things have worked in my employment in the past, I think it might fair to extrapolate a bit. Fusion found out more than the republicans bargained for in their agreement. That information was then available to the opposition, who might have then requested further corroboration through Steele. Steele's raw intelligence then would need further corroboration. But, I think I see a start to a string of dominoes. Who knows whether there are more facts to validate the raw intelligence or whether these were the ramblings of some vodka-soaked apparatchik.

Could be, but the Free Beacon statement tends to dispute that... it portrays the Steele research as wholely separate, distinct and different than the oppo research they commissioned. As I understand it, they commissioned research on multiple Republican candidates during the primary, likely excluding their preferred candidate, lol. Once their candidate departed or Trump had the nomination locked, they cancelled the research.

Their statement below, again, and I guess if the Free Beacon qualifies as "Republicans" then CNN, MSNBC, WaPo and NYT qualify as "Democrats". *grin*

“All of the work that Fusion GPS provided to The Free Beacon was based on public sources, and none of the work product that The Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier,” they said. “The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In general, I would agree. But an indictment is at least 3 levels above anything on cable news or the blogosphere. In Mueller's case, I see him on the side of civilization vs. chaos.

Three levels above cable news? Still not sure there would be room to slip a piece of paper under that :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

"A grand jury would indict a ham sandwich if that's what you wanted" - Sol Wachtler

Those jackasses on CNN (to which I was a captive audience while eating out) friday night repeated that quote until I reached the point I really wanted (and bought and ate) a ham sandwich.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Those jackasses on CNN (to which I was a captive audience while eating out) friday night repeated that quote until I reached the point I really wanted (and bought and ate) a ham sandwich.

C'mon now....CNN is a legitimate news source. These "on the scene" CNN reporters totally aren't standing 10 feet from each other on the same street:

l5QJijY.jpg

[video]https://gfycat.com/TotalUnacceptableIbisbill[/video]

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And not to be outdone, the president talks of sending legal permanent residents to Gitmo.
    "I would certainly consider that," he told reporters at a cabinet meeting. "Send him to Gitmo," the president added, using the prison's nickname.

But that's not all...
    "We also have to come up with punishment that's far quicker and far greater than the punishment these animals are getting right now."They'll go through court for years at the end, who knows what happens....Because what we have right now is a joke and it's a laughing stock and no wonder so much of this stuff takes place."

So now our justice system, which is intentionally slow, to try and get it right is a joke? How fast and far great the punishment is the president looking for? Judge Dredd Justices, handing down sentences and executing on the spot of the crime? The rhethoric coming out of the WH is truly disturbing.

The terrorist in question, killed over 8. The terrorist in Las Vegas killed 58. Where was the president's off the turnip wagon rant when that happened? My opinion, is that the president always, always, always plays to his base. He knows he can raise political capital making a stink about a Muslim. The guy in Las Vegas, and the issues which surround that, bears no fruit.

As commonly seen on INGO, "Never let a crisis go to waste."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Welp, John Kelly isn't going to win any "Historian of the Year" awards.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/john-kellys-bizarre-mythology-of-the-civil-war

As he apparently forgot about these:
    -3/5 Compromise
    -Missouri Compromise
    -Kansas-Nebraska Act

Even with being so ill-informed, you think he'd be tactful enough to avoid the gotcha question that would be sure only to divide more.

yeah? How did the Kansas-Nebraska act work out? :rofl:

any question is a gotcha question when a republican is in office. Meh.

What's the compromise position on abortion? Seems as emotional as slavery was and as divided as you can get among groups.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Question. Was the impeachment of Clinton justified? I'm curious of what people think concerning this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom