• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Edit.....I met 88 a few times. Great gal. Never met Jet girl. Always wanted to. Liked both on the forum. But that whole thing was let get out of hand. Sadly.

Ya, it definitely got out of hand, but I don't think the blame lies entirely on JG or 88GT. Specifically with the JetGirl thing, she was bullied by a staff member. Not you CM. Then when the staff member gave free reign for her to voice her concerns and say what she wanted without repercussion, she was promptly banned by the same staff member. IMO, she was pushed over the edge. I would post a link to the thread, but I believe the whole thread was deleted.

It was a different INGO back then, and a completely different MOD staff with a different approach to moderating the forum. In some ways, I like how it used to be, but there are a lot more ways that I like how it is today.

I miss JetGirl.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wish Jeremy would come back. Great dude. This was the only place I got to see him and a lot of other cool people who arent here anymore. Lots of cool people still are and new ones have come here.
    But if Jeremy lived down the street from me, I'd be hanging out with that cat. A real patriot, and good guy. Ingo was diminished the day he left

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It was a different world here back then. It wasnt just ass hat members either. It is NOT like that here now and hasnt been for a long while and to me thats all that matters. We have a great place now.
    On every side of bug issues it's easy to get offended and mad and not see things from the other persons perspective. I've done plenty of it, had it done to me. We get over it or at least I hope we do. We share a common interest and that Is firearms. Sure sometimes there is flat out trolling (not asking for any names to be dropped nor am I pointing a finger) Let's remember that for the most part the persons who we are talking to on here are someones father or brother or uncle or husband,.sometimes wife and mother ect. I've tried really hard to keep things about issues or a firearm instead of an attack on the ingo member who may happen to like a gun that I dont or maybe his training is different than mine. We have more in common I hope than different and weve accomplished GREAT things here via ingo for our state and country, and also lifelong bonds have been forged.
    If we dislike things about the past here then let's just try to keep those things in the past, because bringing them up now when so much has changed for the good and so many old faces are now gone can only cause more problems than good.
    In my humble OPINION of coarse. Ingo has become a very special place to me.
    edit: I was typing and posting this before savage eagle replied. So this was not a reply to him at all. I'm glad to see him back and I hope he stays around
    No offense taken. I popped back in a while ago, but between my job and the kids, it's hard to keep up with all the groups I'm in.

On good one for those who read book, look up the DD12 Post Apocalyptic authors group on FB. Good people, and good reading.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I wish Jeremy would come back. Great dude. This was the only place I got to see him and a lot of other cool people who arent here anymore. Lots of cool people still are and new ones have come here.
    But if Jeremy lived down the street from me, I'd be hanging out with that cat. A real patriot, and good guy. Ingo was diminished the day he left

Pffft!
    Jeremy?
    He's just a dumb mechanic..... what does he know? :):

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Wow some people take the inter webs seriously !

All the Ingo members I have met have been great of course this was during various training events in the real world.
    They didn’t make fun of me when I drew my pistol and threw it halfway across the range in front of about 10 INGO people at least they didn’t to my face!
    Then one time I shot a hostage target and blamed it on another INGO member in front of about another 10 INGOians and almost got by with it.
    Everyone listened to my stories about being a door gunner on the space shuttle and believed me.

Interwebs can be hard if you think you are right all of the time!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    No offense taken. I popped back in a while ago, but between my job and the kids, it's hard to keep up with all the groups I'm in.

On good one for those who read book, look up the DD12 Post Apocalyptic authors group on FB. Good people, and good reading.

I was in that group when it first started. Couldnt take some of the gun nonsense being passed around. I did enjoy reading A. American's series as well Michael G. Hopf

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I felt a disturbance on the force. Like people were talking **** about me.... lol First of all, **** off. I was young and dumb. Some things never change I guess. Oh, I did move in with my mom, but because her and us all were on the verge of homelessness. Lots of issues I didn't, and won't, air publicly. Also, yes, I quit posting because of ****headed mods and stupid ****ing rules. I went to INS where people who have thick skin congregated. Better class of losers and all that.

All that being said, yes, I started deleting my posts when I walked away. Not because I was pissed someone said I didn't own my own posts, but to **** off certain **** headed mods that take life too seriously. Yeah, I was pissed that religion wasn't allowed anymore, and i still believe that was a grave mistake by people who have control issues.

Also, I never threatened anyone, but that Scutter ***** talked a lot of **** and threw me a bunch of ****ty looks my way last time insane him at the 1500, but I laughed at that petty ****.

Now that that's out of the way (dispute what you want, no ****s given...) who lives in what house of ours? Talking Homestead, I assume? I'm not far from there now.... if they have whiskey, they can come over here, I'll fire up the fire pit, and we can go shot for shot and laugh at old times? LoL

As a poor, I hope none of you have to experience such things. For those that have, I raise a shot in your honor. :) I better stop though, cause its Monday and I gotta be at work early and I still need a shower.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, and **** my haters! :D

Lets just say this is your one and last shot at the staff.
    I was not involved but I can read.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ya, it definitely got out of hand, but I don't think the blame lies entirely on JG or 88GT. Specifically with the JetGirl thing, she was bullied by a staff member. Not you CM. Then when the staff member gave free reign for her to voice her concerns and say what she wanted without repercussion, she was promptly banned by the same staff member. IMO, she was pushed over the edge. I would post a link to the thread, but I believe the whole thread was deleted.

It was a different INGO back then, and a completely different MOD staff with a different approach to moderating the forum. In some ways, I like how it used to be, but there are a lot more ways that I like how it is today.

I miss JetGirl.

I was here for the whole thing.
    I miss her as well. Jet girl was a positive to the forum as was 88 when she wanted to be. I miss them both. I miss Jeremy.
    That was then. This is now.

Times change. Sandy Hook was the picot point. Look back at those days.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    That whole episode stunk to high heaven, never mind the grotesque legal liability that was potentially involved.

IMO A whole bunch of people should be ashamed of how they acted.

That thread is a CLASSIC! It should be pinned and required reading of all of INGO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That whole incident was outrageous.
    I always appreciated his posts... his takedown was outrageous as well.. I wonder if there was a common individual in the two events?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It was a different world here back then. It wasnt just ass hat members either. It is NOT like that here now and hasnt been for a long while and to me thats all that matters. We have a great place now.
    On every side of bug issues it's easy to get offended and mad and not see things from the other persons perspective. I've done plenty of it, had it done to me. We get over it or at least I hope we do. We share a common interest and that Is firearms. Sure sometimes there is flat out trolling (not asking for any names to be dropped nor am I pointing a finger) Let's remember that for the most part the persons who we are talking to on here are someones father or brother or uncle or husband,.sometimes wife and mother ect. I've tried really hard to keep things about issues or a firearm instead of an attack on the ingo member who may happen to like a gun that I dont or maybe his training is different than mine. We have more in common I hope than different and weve accomplished GREAT things here via ingo for our state and country, and also lifelong bonds have been forged.
    If we dislike things about the past here then let's just try to keep those things in the past, because bringing them up now when so much has changed for the good and so many old faces are now gone can only cause more problems than good.
    In my humble OPINION of coarse. Ingo has become a very special place to me.
    edit: I was typing and posting this before savage eagle replied. So this was not a reply to him at all. I'm glad to see him back and I hope he stays around

Nice post TT. Rep nazis won't let me give you more... :(

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The way the religion ban went down was a bit shady. Here's how I remember:

Some people complained about discussions of religion.
    Some mods put up a poll about religious discussion. I think it was open for all of about 14 hours.
    They decided based on the results of that poll that they would ban religion.
    They went through the forum and locked a bunch of threads that had been previously posted about things that had been done in the name of a particular religion and banned the poster.

Those mods don't post here anymore.

Is that how you remember it Expat?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ssion/70311-concerning-politics-subforum.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/70217-politics-forum-suggestion.html

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Some mods put up a poll about religious discussion. I think it was open for all of about 14 hours.
    They went through the forum and locked a bunch of threads that had been previously posted about things that had been done in the name of a particular religion and banned the poster.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ssion/70311-concerning-politics-subforum.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/70217-politics-forum-suggestion.html

Curious, who were those mods who aren’t around now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

-If you folks could only sit in these chairs.......:):
    -So much more than what you see in the open.
    -I was not part of the religious ban but I remember it. The member to member abuse was pretty deep.
    -I was and still am part of the religious discussions being put back up for the members. It was seriously rough going at 1st. I near threw in the towel. People were banned. People left the forum. Herding cats does not cover it.
    -The topic came close to being banned again. People.

Now it is pretty calm. But again, if you guys could sit in this chair. A lot of what is said is hilarious and some is aggravating.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

A couple of mods wanted to rid themselves of someone they disliked, so reasons were manufactured.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom