• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I want to give a special Thank You to the EMTs (heroes in my mind) who responded to my 911 call last night. My MIL, who has had a long standing battle with heart disease, recently moved into our new home near Anderson. We were hoping for her to get better and be able to enjoy her remaining years with us on our little farm.

Unfortunately, around midnight last night her heart quit beating and she collapsed on to the bed and became non-responsive. My wife yelled at me to call 911, and then while we waited on the EMTs, she received numerous shocks from her defibrillator implant, which did no good. Within a few minutes, EMTs from 3 different organizations showed up and began working as one big team to get my MIL back.

When they took the mom off in the ambulance to the hospital, my wife and daughter followed them and some of the team even stayed and cleaned up the mess, so my wife and daughter wouldn’t see it when they came home from the hospital.

I want to send out a huge thank you to Seals Medic 121, Lapel Ambulance 71 and Lapel Rescue 74 for coming to our aid on 9/14, close to midnight.

I didn’t get all the names but I want to mention one in particular. Brian Owens stayed with us at the hospital and just kind of comforted us and spoke his condolences. These individuals really know their jobs and how to be effective as a team. I am so impressed your professionalism and kindness – you are all HEROES to me. Thank you all for coming to our aid in our time of need and doing everything possible to rescue my wife’s mom.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Without a doubt EMT'S/paramedics are the most underrated people in America! I go out of my way to give them room or buy their meal.

Sorry to hear about your mother in law.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Sorry about your loss.

I teach my students that even though our patient's problem may seem minor to us (and in no way am I trying to say yours was minor!), to them it is the biggest concern they have and it is up to us to respond as we would want someone to do for us.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Sorry about your loss as well. I often try to go out of my way to clean up when I know there will be lots of family members coming and time allows it. The last time I did this it was just a large laceration on a mans head from a fall, but his wife who was staying behind to clean up was clearly to old to be scrubbing blood up off the linoleum in the kitchen. took me all of ten minutes, and I had to throw one of her dish rags in the trash can, Never did get to see her surprise when everything was cleaned up when she went back into the kitchen.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Believe me after 20+ years in EMS it is very hard for us not to get synical but we all get into the business for one thing, to help people. Your heart felt thank you to these crews will go much farther than you will ever know. Very sorry for your loss and believe me when I say those medics do feel some of your sorrow.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Your words of appreciation are, well, appreciated. I am sorry for your loss, and glad that Brian and the other responders took good care of the human side of the situation; knowing Brian and some of the other crews in the area, they love their communities and consider it an honor to serve.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    EMTs are seriously the most underpaid workers for the amount of value you get from them. I try to hug them when I can...if they're slower than me.

Top Bottom