• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Thank You Pami for closing that particular thread. It wasn't productive or indicative of the folks on this board. No one was anti Dave, just have extreme different political and gun rights views. Who is correct, only time and a Presidential Election will tell.

I have no particular animosity for Dave even though he felt it necessary to result to name calling.

Thanks again for returning sanity to the forum and for that I salute you :patriot:

Ok, *I* am closing this thread. This has gone way out of hand.

Sphynx was correct in that all the political discussions should have stayed in the Politics section of the board. He tried (until this morning) to keep his posts rational, calm, and well written, despite all the angry words thrown back at him.

I told him that he was about as likely to change the minds of the regulars on this board as everyone else was as likely to change his.

I do NOT think that he should have continued answering the questions in this welcome thread if he did not want to invite the political discussion to move to here. I do NOT think that if his sole purpose was to get back in touch with me that he should have continued posting on a board that is so anti-Dave. We had quite a discussion going on in PMs; I do NOT know why that stopped. Edit: One more thing, I do NOT think he should have referred to ANYONE on this board as an *******. That was completely inappropriate, and if it happens again in such an inflammatory manner, I will ban him myself. Understood?

If you (anyone) have something more to say, angry or otherwise, please contact me or another mod. Continue your political discussions in the Politics forum (which I generally try to avoid because I hate all the crap thrown on both sides of the fence).

But I am DONE with the mudslinging in this thread.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    You're welcome, but let me make it absolutely clear I was not impressed with the behavior of ANYone in that thread precisely for the reason you stated: it was not indicative of most of the members on this board.

I am extremely disappointed, and I hope future welcome threads will not dissolve into the mudslinging that happened in that one.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    You're right Pami, and my apologies for getting caught up in it.

After looking back thru his first few posts, it is clear to me (now) he was looking for an argument.

Top Bottom