• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Texas Governor Greg Abbott just drew a hard line in the sand, putting the Biden administration on notice that he's declared the migrant crisis an "invasion" and invoked Texas's constitutional authority to defend and protect itself.

"That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary. The Texas National Guard, the Texas Department of Public Safety, and other Texas personnel are acting on that authority, as well as state law, to secure the Texas border."

Joining along with Florida now. How do we think our governor will react(I already sent an email to him)?

South Dakota as well.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    What if Abbott hires his own armed border consultants?

I would like to believe that every blue city / state that is being over run with illegals (Illinois, New York, etc) would support Abbott and his attempt to stop the crisis. After all, they bitch at Abbott but say nothing to Biden.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I would like to believe that every blue city / state that is being over run with illegals (Illinois, New York, etc) would support Abbott and his attempt to stop the crisis. After all, they bitch at Abbott but say nothing to Biden.

You can do what ever you want to, if you're willing to use force to make ends meet, that's the reality of life.

If everyone is going to have panic attacks over the law and court decisions, we're going to end up speaking chinese while the case is still pending review.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

It is unfortunate, but a lot of people denigrate the people who want to help them, but readily excuse the people responsible for abusing them. Go figure.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The SCOTUS ruling this week only vacated the 5th Circuit's "Injunction Pending Appeal" issued at the end of December. The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet. Thus the SCOTUS ruling doesn't surprise me given what the justices have done with other "preliminary injunctions". Oral arguments in the 5th Circuit are set for the 8th of February, two weeks from now. This is far from over. I'm anticipating the 5th Circuit will back up Texas.

:popcorn:
    Do you think Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 will be discussed? Obviously they are under invasion.
    Basically all dictionaries meaning of invasion in the English language says they are in fact being invaded.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Do you think Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 will be discussed? Obviously they are under invasion.
    Basically all dictionaries meaning of invasion in the English language says they are in fact being invaded.

Does it matter how they view it? They'd be approving of it either way.

It's on the people to say no and take actions to stop it, and hold those who allowed it accountable.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    It is smart of Texas to use the constitution to invoke a right to self defense from invasion. I understand the argument about “people willing to use force”, and they are probably right, but it helps to have some kind of moral ground to stand on if it does come to force. Especially in getting more help from other states and citizens. I hope they stand strong on this front. I don’t think, at least in my mind, there is any doubt the feds are negligent in their duties and that Texas is in fact being invaded. More states piling on will help tremendously.

Last edited:

BlueManGP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2022
    Indiana
    Their border... (as well as ours)

God bless Texas. Hey that would make a cool song... lol.
    ok here does:
    God bless Texas
    They are oh so strong
    I love Texas oh so darned much
    I had to write this song.

They had this group called cowboys
    Who roamed the open range
    They welcomed pals and gals a lot
    Though they sometimes thought them strange

They roamed the west In search of buffalos
    They fought with bad guys here and there
    They sent some bad guys to Boot Hill
    They still are buried there, somewhere

Don’t mess with Texas
    Those are the words
    That you will hear today
    But just as hard as they fought at the Alamo
    We’ll kick your darned butt!

BlueManGP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2022
    Indiana
    Lol. My father was a golf guy, with the tournaments around DC he would watch a few eash year. Like at Congressional or Kenwood clubs, twice during tournament's INS had raids when he was there.
    He said it was a mass exodus of Spanish running across the golf course with a few dozen agents chasing them.
    He always said it looked like a Benny hill show.
    They weren't Spanish. They were Mexicans. They Spanish (from Spain) had a better living environment in Spain. My great-great-great-great grandmother saw Columbus coming from ten miles away and do you know what she said?, "There's goes the neighborhood."

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Greg Abbott's declaration throws a new wrinkle into it the original lawsuit didn't address. Legally it pushes them back to square one in having to have the Federal Courts tell Abbott he can't use Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 to do what he's doing.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

And this is why the citizenry needs to be the ones to step up to the plate, not just the Texas guard.

A shooting war with citizenry is not something this regime can survive, they will **** off back to DC and pretend none of this ever happened in short order. Remember Bundy ranch? Yeah, the feds thought they could run roughshot over people with immunity until they encountered a few thousand citizens willing to put them in a hole.

Top Bottom