• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Since threatening to add more justices seems to not be working, they are trying a new approach.

I am for term limits for all federal offices but I doubt Congress can legally impose term limits. We needed an amendment to limit presidential terms so why would one not be needed to limit judicial terms?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Dems only want term limits because they have 6 conservative justices. If it was 6 liberals they would be fine with leaving it alone.
    Of course. And this keeps the agenda up front and center in the eyes of the useful idiots.
    Some of the conversations we have had with adults about their rights is mind boggling. When asked if they ever actually read the documents that laid out our republic they get a glazed look in the headlights and fade away. Because they have not made the effort yet still want to argue about it. Idiots and butt wipes.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Since threatening to add more justices seems to not be working, they are trying a new approach.

I am for term limits for all federal offices but I doubt Congress can legally impose term limits. We needed an amendment to limit presidential terms so why would one not be needed to limit judicial terms?
    It's not term limits, each president can nominate 2 justices per term. In years 1 and 3. In addition to any vacancies. When they get confirmed the most senior judge gets bumped up to "senor" status. They are still a SCOTUS justice but don't sit on the bench unless there is a vacancy. Then the least senor of the "senor" justices will sit until the vacancy gets filled.

What's funny if this passes I'm sure someone will file an emergency petition to the court to hear a lawsuit regarding it. And who will be hearing it? SCOTUS of course.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    How about both house and senate have term limits that equal 2 less terms as defined in the constitution than what is set for SCOTUS as term limits?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Next they would want to be able to create an exemption so "Senior" justices could be retained in the event the D party would choose to do so. I'm thinking there must be something in the underlying math of 18 year limits and 2 year cycles someone feels they could make it work in their favor...but I don't feel like putting that much though into it to figure it out.

It's BS, grandstanding, political theater, ain't gonna happen, just like the move to 15 justices.

I believe the Democrats know that NOTHING they propose that will require a constitutional amendment has a snowball's chance. Instead they resort to theatre to keep their base engaged/fired up. When nothing comes of their wishful thinking and pandering it suffices as more fuel for D propaganda that those not willing to go along with progressive ideology are a hindrance to "us" having a more perfect society and gives reason for more hatred and division.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Bout as likely to happen as Term Limits for Congress. All those Blood-sucking Senators & Reps Aren't going to Vote themselves out of a Paycheck & Primo Benefits for Life! Why else would Ambulance-chasing Lawyers & "Doctors" wanna go into Politics? Beats Working for a Living. End of Rant

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    They know it has zero chance of passing.
    It's purely to give democrats running for office something to talk about and to avoid being called a 'do nothing'.
    "mad about abortion rights? Vote for me I took strong definitive action in co-sponsoring a bill to fix it"

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They know it has zero chance of passing.
    It's purely to give democrats running for office something to talk about and to avoid being called a 'do nothing'.
    "mad about abortion rights? Vote for me I took strong definitive action in co-sponsoring a bill to fix it"

Yep, pretty much in alignment with Republicans introducing pretty much anything right now. Nothing they introduce is going to get passed, they're just trying to look good so that their constituents think they're actually doing something.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't care what the language of the bill says, it is not good for the country. That's the one nice thing about democrats, if they introduce new legislation you can bet your *** it isn't good for anyone but themselves. The SC does not need any changes, it's been working fine for a mighty long time. "Because we can't win, it's not fair" is not justification for dismantling the system to make their goal of destroying the country any easier.

**** em

Top Bottom