• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've got it all put together, just waiting on mags and ammo which have been ordered. My scope is also tied up on another project so it'll be a little while before I get to see how she shoots. I went with an Odin Works 18" barrel w/intermediate length gas system & adjustable gas block. Fingers crossed.

5e62BzYh.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That’s sweet! Is this going to be your new yote whacker?

No Sir, my new coyote rifle is a White Oak Armory built, Krieger barreled upper on an LMT lower. The upper is currently in the hands of an expert who is developing a load that will shoot tiny little groups really far away yet carry a payload made for killin varmints.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's a .223. That said, I wouldn't want to be the coyote that shows himself if I've got this Grendel in my hands. I sure ain't opposed to using whatever I've got available on those critters.

Last edited:

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Dang that turned out really well and you definitely didn't skimp on parts! Buy once, cry once. If you were wanting to function test, 5.56 mags will hold 5 round or so. I attempted to start loading for mine today and had a couple hiccups. Hope to make some complete ammo soon.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think I did pretty well as far as cost. The stripped upper/lower/rail was $220 and the barrel, BCG, gas block & gas tube was $415. I bought the stock used and had a 2 stage trigger and quite a few of the small parts laying around so overall cost was pretty cheap on this one. I've got more just in the upper for my coyote rifle but I expect more out of it as well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's alive. Juts fired four rounds of 120gr American Eagle to test function. I'll get a scope on it this weekend and be ready to start checking accuracy next week.
    PO8nDQUh.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I shot it Friday with pretty poor results. I wasn't going to post about it as I don't trust the scope or the scope mount I was using. The scope was maxed out on elevation to get it zeroed. It was shooting 2MOA with three different types of ammo, I'm confident it will do better once I get the proper scope and mount on it.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I generally have good luck with Odin barrels but have had a few that just wouldn't shoot well no matter what I fed it, could never find a load/bullet combo that would result in a 1moa min group. For this I've pretty well switched to Ballistic Advantage for my gas gun barrel needs. I'll be interested to see if this gives the results you're looking for.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This one is starting to improve. I got the scope and mount put on yesterday and shot it again this afternoon and its showing some promise. Still not holding MOA but it's certainly getting closer. I've had rifles that suffered from first and/or last round of the magazine flyers and this one is acting like it may be the same. I need to get a magazine that will hold more than 4 rounds to test for it.

Vok4pUEh.jpg

Four round groups:

h64JlYyh.jpg

OpQMf9Yh.jpg

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Looking good Phylo! My Odin barrel took a little bit of a break-in and then started producing better groups. My best group was somewhere around the 60th rounds and it was .78" Have you ran any patches down it yet? Also what ammo are you shooting? It's hard to beat the Hornady Black line. For mags, I would take a look at C-Products. The 10 rounders are perfect IMO.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's had 20 rounds of American Eagle, 16 rounds of Hornady 123gr SST and 16 rounds of Hornady Black 123gr so far. The top group was the Black and the bottom was the SST so they both show some promise. I haven't cleaned it yet, I may give that a shot next week and try again. I have a suspicion the aluminum barrel nut that came with the rail is a weak point which may negatively affect the accuracy. It also has an adjustable gas block that needs tuned.

Top Bottom