• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yeah, but he lied about it. He had every intention of staying in Cancun. I’m unsure if it was because he got caught, or if he really was reconsidering, but it still looks bad. Even his words trying to get himself out of hot water come off as tone deaf.

...and Trump Jr.... geez. He may be a closet Democrat.
    I don’t often agree with you but this time I do. He got busted. Texans are pissed. Damn right he intended to stay, and now he’s trying to cover his tracks and his lies are completely transparent. He was a damn fool for going.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I see some here have fallen for the MSM hit job.
    The only reporting I’ve watched on this is Fox News and Sean Hannity tried to be very fair with him and it still went over like a lead balloon in my opinion. I’ve formed my own opinion about this. Going to Mexico in the middle of this was a stupid ass thing for him to do politically. Period.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I suppose the folks around here that want their politicians out of sight, out of mind might expect this to be the way American government works?

MSM hit job? Definitely.
    Evidence of the separation between the ruling class and everybody else? Definitely.

Projecting on a pro-conservative, pro-constitution forum the belief that our politicians just need to go away and we shouldn't care about what they are doing or how they live their lives?
    Cognitive dissonance much?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How did they know? Some idiot at the airline leaked his flight info and showed it had changed. Also, you dont fly out for a night with a big a** suitcase for yourself.

Personally I couldnt care less. He's a federal politician and cant do much except glad hand and do photo ops serving in the soup line, throwing cases of water in trunks, etc.

Now if it was Abbott, or some other local leader then I see the problem. The problem I see is whiny a** people who are jealous they cant just whip out the gold card and fly to a warm country to ride out the "storm".

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Texans are pissed because the MSM told them that they should be pissed. I personally refuse to be manipulated by the rabble rousers.
    Is that the ONLY reason they are pissed?

Texans might be pissed because you believe they can't think for themselves.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The media is dumping on him because he's a Republican. They have entire staffs devoted to watching people like Cruz every second, looking for an opportunity to manufacture a crisis and tear them down. Democrats are not subject to the same criticisms.

Is he expected to get in a snowplow and fix the roads? Honestly most of the time having politicians in town to "lead" doesn't actually accomplish anything, they just push the actual emergency management people aside in order to hog the cameras for themselves. Another swamp creature preening for the cameras and getting in everyone's way isn't actually going to help anything. Natural disasters are fixed by regular American workers on the ground.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Texans are pissed because the MSM told them that they should be pissed. I personally refuse to be manipulated by the rabble rousers.
    Texans are pissed because their Senator demonstrated a spectacular lack of common sense and compassion in the middle of a national disaster few of us really understand the proportions of. I have a friend in Texas that I’ve been texting during this. Here are some of his quotes:

“Just at the shop we’ve been down for almost a week, that’s about a $28,000 loss.”

“That is all fake news. Less than 25% of our energy is wind turbines up in Indiana when turbines have defrosters for the blades Texas won’t permit it. The main reason is all of the Gaswell heads froze. Almost 70% of our power comes from natural gas. Most of them are above ground and are not insulated because we do not have to follow federal regulations so don’t believe everything they’re saying on the news because here on the local news we are getting it first hand.”

“I have several employees houses are in shambles they run the water lines in the attic so when they freeze the ceilings all caved in after it starts to thaw.”

“We have no snow removal no salt trucks so the roads are **** it’s amazing it’s like a Third World country down here.”

“There are people that have not had heat or water since Sunday even the hotels are freezing up and no power it’s a total disaster over 20 people have died in Dallas.”

“Our governor started off by saying that the company that controls our electrical grid was doing a wonderful job and then when it hit national news now he says heads will roll. Ted Cruz criticized California for losing electricity in the summer and the mayor of Austin for taking a vacation during the pandemic, and then he gets busted headed to Cancun and then lies about it now the local news has busted him because the travel agency told the truth.”

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to know the governor should not have jetted off to a warm beach in the middle of this. Like the title says, “**** for brains”.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The media is dumping on him because he's a Republican. They have entire staffs devoted to watching people like Cruz every second, looking for an opportunity to manufacture a crisis and tear them down. Democrats are not subject to the same criticisms.

Is he expected to get in a snowplow and fix the roads? Honestly most of the time having politicians in town to "lead" doesn't actually accomplish anything, they just push the actual emergency management people aside in order to hog the cameras for themselves. Another swamp creature preening for the cameras and getting in everyone's way isn't actually going to help anything. Natural disasters are fixed by regular American workers on the ground.
    Which is exactly why Cruz should have known better than to jet off to the beach. “**** for brains”.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I don't care that he left, moving his family to a safer/warmer location. There are two other issues that make this particular move problematic. FIRST it's the place they traveled to. Cancun. Most normal Americans, when sending family to safety, from say a hurricane, send them someplace normal like a few states over, out of range of danger. They don't send them off on vacations, and invite their friends to ride it out with them. SECOND, Cruz is a publicly elected Texas official. When problems arise and people are suffering in a particular state, conventional wisdom is that you stick around and try to help people; at the very least show your face so people don't think you have abandoned them. Cruz's actions come off as tone deaf.
    The first few posters in this thread seem to understand those points. Why is it so difficult to understand for others?
    May be because some of us realize that to condemn Cruz would be hypocritical of us. In the same set of circumstances who here wouldn't put the safety and welfare of their wife and children first? Maybe those that are piling on Cruz would but for most of us, if we had the means and the ability, we would move our families out of that mess.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Back to the point...

...Ted would be fine here if it wasn't for this green new deal :poop::poop::poop:.

Mas tequila...

tenor.gif

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    May be because some of us realize that to condemn Cruz would be hypocritical of us. In the same set of circumstances who here wouldn't put the safety and welfare of their wife and children first? Maybe those that are piling on Cruz would but for most of us, if we had the means and the ability, we would move our families out of that mess.
    Come on, he said his girls wanted to go someplace warm. They weren’t in eminent danger. He could’ve sent them and stayed home. It was a dumb, dumb decision for a politician to make that should have known better.

The only reason I’m condemning him is for being politically stupid and probably throwing his seat away. You can bet this whole episode will be starring in commercials next election cycle. How could he not have seen this coming? “**** for brains”.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yep. If I had the cash, I'd do it too.

And in regards to what Kut said, that IS normal. At least for people with his wealth. They dont NEED to burden family, make the kids sleep on somebody's floor, etc. They've got the cash to make their own comfy home away from home.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Texans are pissed because their governor demonstrated a spectacular lack of common sense and compassion in the middle of a national disaster few of us really understand the proportions of. I have a friend in Texas that I’ve been texting during this. Here are some of his quotes:

“Just at the shop we’ve been down for almost a week, that’s about a $28,000 loss.”

“That is all fake news. Less than 25% of our energy is wind turbines up in Indiana when turbines have defrosters for the blades Texas won’t permit it. The main reason is all of the Gaswell heads froze. Almost 70% of our power comes from natural gas. Most of them are above ground and are not insulated because we do not have to follow federal regulations so don’t believe everything they’re saying on the news because here on the local news we are getting it first hand.”

“I have several employees houses are in shambles they run the water lines in the attic so when they freeze the ceilings all caved in after it starts to thaw.”

“We have no snow removal no salt trucks so the roads are **** it’s amazing it’s like a Third World country down here.”

“There are people that have not had heat or water since Sunday even the hotels are freezing up and no power it’s a total disaster over 20 people have died in Dallas.”

“Our governor started off by saying that the company that controls our electrical grid was doing a wonderful job and then when it hit national news now he says heads will roll. Ted Cruz criticized California for losing electricity in the summer and the mayor of Austin for taking a vacation during the pandemic, and then he gets busted headed to Cancun and then lies about it now the local news has busted him because the travel agency told the truth.”

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to know the governor should not have jetted off to a warm beach in the middle of this. Like the title says, “**** for brains”.
    I'm not suggesting that they should'nt be pissed about the situation. My point has always been about MSM manipulation for political exploitation. Two very different things.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Which is exactly why Cruz should have known better than to jet off to the beach. “**** for brains”.
    It's true, he failed to play the game. Part of that goes right back on the voters, they respond to reps in expensive suits preening in front of FEMA trucks and pallets of water. Staying in office means giving the rubes what they want, even if what they want is dumb and contradictory.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Texans are pissed because their governor demonstrated a spectacular lack of common sense and compassion in the middle of a national disaster few of us really understand the proportions of. I have a friend in Texas that I’ve been texting during this. Here are some of his quotes:

You know Cruz isn't the governor, right? While I agree that the optics are bad for Cruz, this seems more like the governor's baliwick.

Top Bottom