• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    I currently have three of these South African shotguns. They shoot great. I am looking for some extra mags. Also interested in buying more of these shotguns if the price is right. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Brent

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I know a member here a while back was looking to get rid of his Mag 7. Not sure if he sold it or not. Extra mags will be a PITA to find. What shotgun shells do you use to shoot your Mag 7s?

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Saw one at the last fun show here at the Coliseum,didn't bother checking price since i read the last post here about them having a hard time finding shells that worked

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    They are funky looking guns. Here's a picture of one:

mag7-1.gif

They fire a truncated 12 gauge shell. The manufacturer calls it 12gauge 60mm (so, like 2.3 inches). I think the Centurian 2" shells work in them, but I've heard the Aguila shells will not (too short).

Seems to me that it is a solution in search of a problem. I don't really see a practical application for this that a normal SBS in full size 12ga wouldn't handle (or that something like the KSG wouldn't handle much better, assuming the KSG works the way it is supposed to... granted the KSG is a much newer design, but the idea of a bullpup as a way to get a full size shotgun in a small package has been around for a while).

OP, you may want to try contacting Techno Arms and see who (if anyone) is handling their importation right now. I think Century Arms was importing them for a while. Either way, Techno may be able to get you a lead on place to buy magazines.

http://www.technoarms.com/contact.html

That's sometimes the problem with mag fed rarities, it becomes difficult to find additional magazines once the guns go off the general market (or sometimes, even while they are still on it). My buddy has a mag fed Valtro shotgun, which is supposedly and excellent gun. Too bad it only came with one magazine and we've never been able to find anymore. I've found other Valtros with extra mags here and there for sale, but they'll never sell the mags separate (and I don't blame them).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom