Teachers oversharing? Big problem to be addressed or not a problem.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did your teachers share details of their personal life with you?

• Definitely not

Votes: 18 22.8%
    • Not that I can recall

Votes: 19 24.1%
    • Maybe, but who knows it was so long ago

Votes: 3 3.8%
    • Only if it was germane to classroom discussion

Votes: 15 19.0%
    • Only casually mentioned

Votes: 15 19.0%
    • Somewhat, but still had boundaries

Votes: 7 8.9%
    • TMI

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I think the game is given away by all the opposition to these laws...

Teachers union: CRT isn't taught in school...

So you have no problem with laws preventing such teaching in school...

Teachers union: how dare you!!!

Teachers union: We're not indoctrinating children in the LGBTcult

So you have no problem with laws preventing such indoctrination in school...

Teachers union: how dare you!!!

Exactly.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I had an English teacher my Sr. year that was smoking hot.

I always fantasized about her oversharing herself with me but, sadly, she moved back to New York after my Sr. year and fantasy never met reality.
    8th grade English teacher- mini skirts - reaching to top of blackboard to write lessons

:thatshot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If I were a teacher and a second grader approached me with concerns about their sexuality, I'd be taking a long hard look at the adults around that child.
    It's utterly ridiculous to think that kindergarten teachers have some secret agenda to turn your kids butch and sissy. They're far too busy work on the alphabet and getting kids not to pee their pants.
    Are you familiar with the story about grade school kids taking a field trip to a gay/drag bar in Miami? Hear the one about drag queen story hour?
    No one here would say that pastors are preying on children
    There's a law against that.
    I'm not selling guns to criminals
    There's a law against that.
    Sometimes being opposed to more laws is just being opposed to more government control.
    Agreed. Unless it's a law preventing perverts from perverting children. Such a law doesn't strike me as overreach.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm not selling guns to criminals, but I'm still opposed to mandatory background checks.

Sometimes being opposed to more laws is just being opposed to more government control.

the hard part of being a conservative / libertarian is opposing laws you think benefit you. E.g. The dumb "sue everyone" abortion law in Texas. Now that pandora's box is open, CA is modelling gun control on that law.
    RIGHT, teachers unions are opposed to more government control...
    :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Last edited:

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    I had two teachers in particular that would bring up personal things, like growing up on a dairy farm. She kept it applicable with to the fact that every year there was a field trip to said farm. I went twice because my mom chaperoned my older sister's class, got to see a calf born the first time.

The other one talked about being in the army, alot. He really liked his M14.

However only the health or biology teacher talked about "personal" items in class, when we were of an appropriate age, the way it should be.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I feel the pole should be broken down to a specific years of hs graduation, i.e. 1980-1989, etc. I would think you would see a trend in the wrong direction.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Definitely a problem. People need to keep their private lives private.

Any person talking to minor students without parental permission should be charged with lewd conduct and removed. I remember in maybe 5th grade when we were going to get the puberty lessons and watch the video they had to get permission slips signed by parents. If you didn't have it signed you were removed from the class. We had to sign a permission slip for my daughter at around the same age, we also had the ability to sit in on the class if we wanted to.

It's a lack of respect.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    We actually had a highschool teacher removed in handcuffs for trying to talk girls into coming to his house for a party.

A few years after I left there was a teacher/coach who knocked up one of the students and it was widely known and nothing happened until many many years later. Don't understand what changed so fast, but we avoided that school because of that when it was time to send the daughter to school.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    Never in K through 8. Some in high school if it meshed with the lesson.

If I saw grade schol teacher out of school I remember being shocked.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't recall hearing/knowing much about the private lives of my K-12 teachers. In fact, I remember thinking how different it was that my college professors seemed to be much more open about their extra-classroom lives.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's utterly ridiculous to think that kindergarten teachers have some secret agenda to turn your kids butch and sissy. They're far too busy work on the alphabet and getting kids not to pee their pants.

Perhaps the people making these wild claims about sex and CRT should at least do some substitute teaching so they can understand what it's really like and who teachers really are.
    Then please explain why they feel so strongly that they should not have their ability to discuss sex and gender with our children, or teach a certain viewpoint on the subject, constrained in any way by age, appropriateness or parental desires

I don't know at what school age, if any, it should come up; but I can see no circumstances under which it should ever be broached to K through 6 and probably not even then. Unless the child is allowed to attend a specific module on such material with informed parental consent, it is NEVER appropriate for a primary school teacher to broach the subject - and any teacher who counsels a child to keep any such interaction secret from their parents should be prosecuted as a child predator and listed in the state database as well as be run out of town on a rail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Couple things: Florida's bill "don't say gay" only covers k-3. How in the hell can anyone be for the teaching of sex to 5-8 year old? They're still eating off the kids menu at dinner!
    I attended 27 schools 1-12 (29 transfers, I bounced in and out of the same school a couple times). I cannot recall a conversation with a teacher about personal business beyond cursory, "My husband is a cop" or "My dad use to coach at this school when I was young". Very basic superficial stuff. Sex-ed as it was called occurred as an extension of gym class. It was taught by a teacher/counselor that didn't have regular class with the kids. It was a couple times between 6-8th grade. It was stupid-basic. "Be sure to clean well", "Everybody gets hair. It's normal" "Condoms prevent pregnancy but not disease". Examples in the news today are of books that vividly describe anal intercourse. Teaching kindergarten children consent. Hiding the associated lesson plans from parents. It's beyond absurd. In some cases it borders criminal. And, by my estimation, soulfully immoral to sexualize a young child. I've experienced homeless shelters, crisis centers, halfway houses and damn near a farm for orphans before a good friends father took me in while I was a ward of the court. The angle that adults, and sometimes other kids, came at me from in those settings was unending. Teachers, if they actually care about the child, should strive to be the respite from those situations.
    Ok, I have dismounted my soapbox.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016