• ...and so much more!
  • Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Hi, all:

Have a Taurus PT145 that I like when I consider the weight, balance, feel in my hand, concealability, capacity, stopping power (let's not do the "9mm vs. .45ACP" thing, m'kay?) and so on and so forth...

Until I get to the trigger. Which I absolutely hate.

The take up on this trigger is longer than I can stand. Like the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going and going and going... Then it breaks. Then I let it out to reset, and it's back to the long take-up again.

I'm looking for a gunsmith that knows the Taurus well and can get me a better trigger installed. Doesn't have to be one of those super-dooper-tacti-cool half-ounce trigger pulls. I ain't shooting competition stuff... Just something that doesn't have so much slack.

I'm in Muncie, and anything in the general area would be optimal, but if I have to drive a few hours I will.

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Do you have the DAO or SA version? And which generation?

If DAO, then it's long to be the long slog by design. A SA trigger will smooth out over time as parts wear together; snap caps and plenty of dry fire practice will get you there.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Yeah, I didn't find much, either. Thanks for looking around, though... Appreciate it.

Thing is that I went to the range the other day for practice (MUCH needed) and I'd find myself flinching because of the long pull... I can just "suck it up, buttercup, and get used to it"... Or I can get a new carry gun. :o)

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    No worries, I know that feel. I'm tearing down an Index Super 55 mill right now for cleaning and painting, and literally NO ONE on the internet is able to offer any help.

I've seen posts where people say the later gen SA/DA triggers are pretty good; yours may be jacked up for whatever reason. You might take it into a good gun shop and compare it to any that they have there, and feel the triggers on other pistols to calibrate your own idea of what the trigger should feel like.

Top Bottom