Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Taurus PT22 tip-up barrel w/box/manual/tools

SOLD $160 (price reduction)
    I ordered this new in November 2019 for $200 (including shipping & tax).
    It comes with everything Beretta includes with a new gun: case, manual & tools included (2nd mag in original title no longer available).
    9 round total capacity.

I have owned many of the Taurus & Beretta tip-up barrels in 3 different calibers over the years.
    I like the tip-up barrel design and the fun of shooting such a small gun at 12' - 20' targets, and I also like that it is a DAO pistol.
    I bought it to have a tip-up barrel gun in .22LR for less expensive shooting than with my Beretta .32 caliber tip-up barrel.

Ammo recommended is the CCI Mini-Mags, 40 grain, copper round nose, 1235 FPS.
    I also ran the Aguila Super Extra Prime, 40 grain, copper solid round nose, 1255 FPS and it cycled even better than the CCI Mini-Mags during the break-in period.
    01.09.2020, was my 5th range visit where I ran another 4 mags of the Aguila Super Extra & 3 mags of CCI Mini-Mags through it and both had 0 issues.
    I have put about 300 rounds through it.
    You must put your pinky finger under the mag extension, however, or it will not feed well.
    My hands are so big that I have to put it under the mag anyway.

Online info:
    The tip-up barrel is the feature that makes this pistol particularly useful for folks who lack the ability to manually cycle a slide.
    In practice, one loads and inserts the magazine, then tips up the barrel to insert a round into the chamber.
    With the 8 round magazine capacity and 1 in the chamber, this gives the PT22 pistols a loaded capacity of 9 rounds.
    The PT22 has a manual thumb safety.
    But, with its double-action trigger pull, most ignore the thumb safety.
    The PT22 also has the Taurus Security System key lock, which blocks the hammer from movement, should you choose to use it to securely store the pistol.
    There is also a magazine safety that prevents the weapon from firing with the magazine removed.
    The Taurus PT22 disassembles extremely easy for cleaning.
    If a cartridge fails to fire (as a .22LR round will do occasionally), the DAO trigger can be pulled again to give it a second chance to fire.

Specifications for the Taurus PT22:
    Weight 11.1 oz.
    Height 4.3"
    Length 5"
    Maximum Grip Width 1.1"
    Frame Width 0.62"
    Trigger Pull (DAO) 7 lbs.
    Barrel Length 2.3"
    Magazine Capacity 8 (+1 in tip-up barrel)
    Magazines Supplied 1 (I bought another = 2 mags)

Must have LTCH & IN license.
    I live in Wanamaker (SE Indy outside of E465).

Note: the 2nd mag in the pic is no longer available.
    OOhZYxX.jpg

LwGt3x8.jpg
    FAJhPaZ.jpg

19 rounds at 15' (head) & 19 rounds at 20' (torso, even though it says 18)
    RCRNZOv.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    At the range Monday (01.06), I put 4 mags of Aguila Super Extra Prime HV through it.
    By mistake I'd taken CCI Standard Velocity instead of my the CCI Mini-Mags, and to my surprise it cycled properly even though it is supposed to use the CCI Mini-Mags.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I put another 4 mags of the Aguila Super Extra through it & another 3 mags of the CCI Mini-mags with no issues again.
    I did have to make sure I put my pinky finger under the magazine & not on top of it to cycle properly, which if you have big paws, you have to anyway.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom