• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    would like to hear from anyone who owns the Taurus Judge,,,i'm thinking of adding one to the collection...mainly as a home or car protection gun,,,have heard some info..mainly from ppl who don't own the gun.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I had one but sold it before I got a chance to shoot it (thinning my collection). The person who bought it from me absolutely loves it. His whole family shoots it and his wife is the one who enjoys it the most. So far he admits that he prefers the .410 shells over the .45 and is amazed at the damage inflicted by the defensive rounds.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My wife has had hers for two or three years now and she loves it. I found the 000 buck to be impressive in it. We keep it loaded with 410 shells not 45LC, it is her home defense gun. It is a bit big to pack around for her.

Terry

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I have 3 of them ...

1 7/8 in barrel
    3 in barrel
    6 in barrel

LOVE them all ...

I use the 6 in more than any of them ..I take it on the 4 wheeler in the woods .....But they are all awsome guns .

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    PA080456.jpg
    [/IMG]
    Love mine ,a blast to shoot & not to bad to carry (black hawk serpa holster) .Was supposed to be my wifes house gun but its growing on me & Im a die hard semi auto fanboy

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    The Box O' Truth #41 - The Taurus Judge Vs. The Box O' Truth - Page 1

Another review of the Judge. It might be interesting as a "fun" gun, but I would never want to stake my life on a .410 shell (especially out of a pistol length barrel) unless I had no other caliber options. You will probably get more penetration out of a .32acp or .380acp. It looks impressive when shooting a watermelon or jug of water, but.....

If I were to carry one for self defense I would load it up with .45 colt rounds. If I was going to do that, I might as well carry a gun more suited to the purpose.

That being said, if I had the money, I might still like to have one just for kicks.

Last edited:

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have a Public Defender model and I like it.
    I also think it is the perfect weapon for personal protection for people who dont spend a lot of time shooting!

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    The Box O' Truth #41 - The Taurus Judge Vs. The Box O' Truth - Page 1

Another review of the Judge. It might be interesting as a "fun" gun, but I would never want to stake my life on a .410 shell (especially out of a pistol length barrel) unless I had no other caliber options. You will probably get more penetration out of a .32acp or .380acp. It looks impressive when shooting a watermelon or jug of water, but.....

If I were to carry one for self defense I would load it up with .45 colt rounds. If I was going to do that, I might as well carry a gun more suited to the purpose.

That being said, if I had the money, I might still like to have one just for kicks.

I agree I wouldn't trust it ...Some guy on the internet shooting water juggs said it wasn't good enuff ....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ayerskw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenfield
    Bought a Ported SS Judge for my wife for Home Defense this summer. Mounted a cheap flashlight/Laser combo on it as well that I found at the 1500. We keep .410 PDX Defense Shells in it for her.

I too read alot of negative press about the Judge but every person I spoke to that owned one absolutely love theirs! I am glad I took the chance... We enjoy shooting it. My wife's confidence in using it is much higher than with our other PP weapons. I am confident that she can effectively use if she most quite effectively to deter would be evil doers.... Frankly, I am glad I ignored the gun snobs

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    really...now i gotta sell mine :D

Even loaded with birdshot the judge would tear someones face off.

Maybe if you stick it in their face when you pull the trigger...
    Birdshot is for little birds. If I am going to shoot someone, I want it to penetrate their heart/lungs/spine whatever, not just inflict a nasty fleshwound. Some .410 birdshot isn't going to do that. It looks impressive when you shoot paper, fruit, or a water jug. But even 3 pieces of 00 buck out of a 4" barrel won't penetrate as deep as a heavier .380 acp. And even a .410 slug weighs about only 96 grains. Might as well keep that Judge loaded with .45 colt for self defense. Like I said, it would still be a good "fun gun" to have.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Maybe if you stick it in their face when you pull the trigger...
    Birdshot is for little birds. If I am going to shoot someone, I want it to penetrate their heart/lungs/spine whatever, not just inflict a nasty fleshwound. Some .410 birdshot isn't going to do that. It looks impressive when you shoot paper, fruit, or a water jug. But even 3 pieces of 00 buck out of a 4" barrel won't penetrate as deep as a heavier .380 acp. And even a .410 slug weighs about only 96 grains. Might as well keep that Judge loaded with .45 colt for self defense. Like I said, it would still be a good "fun gun" to have.

Exactly what I told my wife to do , when I bought her one to carry in her vehicle. 1st two rounds are #4's, next 3 are 225 grain Win Silver Tips. " Point at face,pull trigger twice.....then aim at chest,pull trigger 3 times" (A Berreta Cx4 Storm in .45 ACP is her "house gun")

Top Bottom