• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    all of you complain about the price then say make it S&W, That would triple the price.

Make it Ruger and the price goes down considerably.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I can't speak to the rest of the materials in the kit, but I was able to shoot the AimPro-customized Taurus Judge while at the Taurus facility earlier this month. They do some *really* nice work; the trigger is excellent, and the entire gun feels much smoother (cylinder rotation, extraction, etc). The Hogue grip also helps to reduce recoil a bit more than the factory ribbed grip. I wish Taurus would sell the gun separately, for those who don't need/want all the "survival" stuff.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    The kit should of included some type of holster.

To make it somewhat a complete 24 hour kit they should of threw in
    -3 emergency packets of water
    -small package of rations
    -emergency poncho
    -small Boo boo kit (maybe)
    -some type of draw string backpack should you have to walk somewhere.

Even with the few extra items it's still wouldn't be worth the price they're asking.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The kit should of included some type of holster.

To make it somewhat a complete 24 hour kit they should of threw in
    -3 emergency packets of water
    -small package of rations
    -emergency poncho
    -small Boo boo kit (maybe)
    -some type of draw string backpack should you have to walk somewhere.

Even with the few extra items it's still wouldn't be worth the price they're asking.

Precisely. A few folks I know that are new to any kind of preparedness, their first thing is to accumulate enough firepower to level their block, then have nothing for food, water, farming, etc... Heck, not one of them has a multi tool in their car (one doesn't even carry a spare tire in his car, but that's another story).

The fixation, it seems, is in dealing death. From my workplace, I have to traverse THROUGH Indianapolis, to get home. With "obstructions" that would inevitably occur on a foot travel method of getting home, it's a two day journey, maybe three, being safe and avoiding trouble. Meanwhile, the others I have talked about (in a round about, "don't trace it back to me" method), are polishing their guns and under the mindset of "well, I'll just take what I need from someone" or "spoils of war". Makes a chill run up your spine, don't it?

This Taurus kit is another in a long line of portrayals that ALL scenarios you can encounter in the first 24 hours can be handled by something that pokes or goes bang. Sure, a gun is INCREDIBLY useful, but it seems I would need it to prevent harm to be by other people who didn't prepare or are dependent upon "someone else" being prepared so they can take it at gun point.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I would love to see some actual survival experts make a real version of this, which would probably be at a lower price point.

Why would a survival expert stoop so low as to do this? Survival is a relative term. What is it that you want to survive? The kit is a marketing gimmick. They will price it high, then discount it for Christmas.

Top Bottom