• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Posted elsewhere, but relevant here as well: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-county-into-winners-and-losers-idUSKBN1JZ16X

The graph showing number of workers in each segment vs average wage in each segment is, IMO, one of the most interesting things in the article. The metal segment of the economy pays significantly better, but the agricultural segment employs way more people in total.

These tariffs have been a boon for the metals industries, but just about everyone else seem to be getting shafted. I have a fried who works and steel (fascinating guy to talk to) and he loves Trump. He was telling me something the other day about ways to work around the tariffs if one really wanted to do it, to buy Chinese steel. He says that while Chinese steel is subpar, you could actually buy a crap ton of it, and find enough "good" portions to offset the tariffs. So if you have a few million, and can cover my portion, as well, I say we go into business, and you can forget that Sgt stuff.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Well, I'm no tariff guy, but if we get a better deal...

Speaking of deals:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Interesting. Germany cutting tariffs on American autos.

Well, potentially and for all autos, not just American. Although honestly, I've no idea which countries they import much from and don't care enough to look into it.

[FONT=&quot]"I would be ready to support negotiations on reducing tariffs but we would not be able to do this only with the U.S.," she said, as reported by Reuters, adding that singling out one country would violate World Trade Organization rules.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]On Wednesday, the chief executives of prominent German auto companies – including Daimler, BMW and Volkswagen – “liked” a Trump administration proposal for both sides to reduce those tariffs to zero, a[/FONT]

Top Bottom