• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Has anyone used the tapco mags for the ar15? They are cheaper than magpul and I've heard some mixed feelings about them. If you have an opinion on them can you also let me know the make of your rifle?

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If you want mags that work and are cheaper than PMags, buy actual USGI mags. I have 1 Tapco mag in my collection and I'm not impressed with it.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    If you want mags that work and are cheaper than PMags, buy actual USGI mags. I have 1 Tapco mag in my collection and I'm not impressed with it.

Agreed - I bought 1 20 rounder and won't buy another. It caused my gun to jam about every 3rd for 4th round pushing 2 rounds into the chamber at at time - almost cut one in half.... S&W AR. I ended up throwing it away. I have 11 PMags and several USGI mags that have all performed without fail. I will only buy PMags from now on I think.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As cheap as most magazines for the AR15 are, I don't see why tapco is even a consideration.

You're talking about $18 for pretty much the best magazines on the market, vs $15-20 for the tapco. Most websites also offer bundle discounts on magazines, so you can get decent ones for even less than tapcos. Last batch of magazines I got were lancer L5AWMs for $12 a piece after the bundle discount, and they're about the best thing going currently.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I just ordered two of the new Troy Battle Mags, just to try them out. other than that, I've got about 80% PMags, a few C-products, and a few unknowns. I haven't had any trouble with any mag. I like the Pmags best, though, for the way they feel, the cover for when stored loaded, and the colors that match the furniture on my rifles. (Big deal, but they look cool!) I'll try and report back when I have run some rounds through the Troy Battle Mags.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    For serious stuff I use PMAG's but for casual range plinking I use USGI magazines.

I generally avoid Tapco, ProMag, Asian military surplus, etc.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom