• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Not that it's very relevant, just another example of new ownership making things more liberal and miserable. Yes, they rhyme for a reason.

I never use the app, forgot I had it. Needed it to assist in pic uploads wayback before the Great INGO Format Change of olden times. I have recently been emailed umpteen times informing me of forums being dropped by the platform. I was a non-contributing member of several others like Marlin, Ruger, GermanShepherds, ArcheryTalkusa, etc.

INGO and BushcrafterUSA are the only 2 that get me to participate, INGO being a 100:1 post favor over BCUsa.

As so eloquently put by @fullmetaljesus awhile back....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not to mention two obnoxious things:

Seeing tapatalk signature lines on every post of a user that uses the software.

Being constantly asked if I REALLY want to continue reading INGO in Safari, or if I want to open it in TAT.

EDIT: the selfish part of me wants them to drop support for INGO so TK can shut off that software and it stop nagging us that dont want to use it.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Not that it's very relevant, just another example of new ownership making things more liberal and miserable. Yes, they rhyme for a reason.

I never use the app, forgot I had it. Needed it to assist in pic uploads wayback before the Great INGO Format Change of olden times. I have recently been emailed umpteen times informing me of forums being dropped by the platform. I was a non-contributing member of several others like Marlin, Ruger, GermanShepherds, ArcheryTalkusa, etc.

INGO and BushcrafterUSA are the only 2 that get me to participate, INGO being a 100:1 post favor over BCUsa.

As so eloquently put by @fullmetaljesus awhile back....

I approve of this message

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Being constantly asked if I REALLY want to continue reading INGO in Safari, or if I want to open it in TAT.

EDIT: the selfish part of me wants them to drop support for INGO so TK can shut off that software and it stop nagging us that dont want to use it.

Ironically, I get push notifications from TaT when I am quoted, then I use my browser. A useful idiot I suppose.

In summary, if I get a TAP I know to open my duck and look at it's INGO's inside.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

100%. That pop up box that wants you to continue in this stupid app versus the browser is absolutely annoying.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    100%. That pop up box that wants you to continue in this stupid app versus the browser is absolutely annoying.
    Maybe with the writing on the wall, TK could disable the server side prompts? It is likely just a matter of time before TAT notices INGO is just like the other gun sites.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That would be nice. Just turn it all off
    Maybe not support for current TAT users. Unless TAT gets ad revenue from end user traffic. In that case it would be cool for TK to proactively tell them to pound sand before they do it to us.

Thinking out loud, maybe they see enough usage here that we are useful enough to their bottom line they dont want to cut off our site yet. Dunno.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Maybe not support for current TAT users. Unless TAT gets ad revenue from end user traffic. In that case it would be cool for TK to proactively tell them to pound sand before they do it to us.

Thinking out loud, maybe they see enough usage here that we are useful enough to their bottom line they dont want to cut off our site yet. Dunno.

I gather it's just lower on the radar. The sites booted thus far are of the obvious variety. Our time will come.

Top Bottom