• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There is a company doing something like this with square body Chevy's, but again if you have to ask the price... you can't afford it.
    I'd be interested in checking out the square bodies. I couldn't buy one most likely but it would be neat to see them. I have been thinking about what I want when I retire in 7 years or so. Right now I'm thinking nicely restored square body or a Rivian electric. :)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'd be interested in checking out the square bodies. I couldn't buy one most likely but it would be neat to see them. I have been thinking about what I want when I retire in 7 years or so. Right now I'm thinking nicely restored square body or a Rivian electric. :)
    I want to see one also, but with a price tag starting around $150,000 I wouldn't be in the buying mood.
    I'm unfamiliar with the Rivian

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I want to see one also, but with a price tag starting around $150,000 I wouldn't be in the buying mood.
    I'm unfamiliar with the Rivian
    If I can go out west and find a rust free one around 1978 vintage, I'd buy it and do whatever was needed. My preference would be that all it needs is washed and waxed, but I can do it all if necessary. But I would have to be in it financially for less than a new vehicle. Once I'm retired I really don't want to do it for the love anymore. If the prices haven't come down by then, I'll buy something newer. Wrenching on cars used to be a hobby. Key word; "used".

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If I can go out west and find a rust free one around 1978 vintage, I'd buy it and do whatever was needed. My preference would be that all it needs is washed and waxed, but I can do it all if necessary. But I would have to be in it financially for less than a new vehicle. Once I'm retired I really don't want to do it for the love anymore. If the prices haven't come down by then, I'll buy something newer. Wrenching on cars used to be a hobby. Key word; "used".
    Texas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee are also a good place to look, I don't exactly see the prices coming down anytime soon. The OBS style of 88-98 are now going to be increasing in price, still good basic trucks

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mustangs are one of those cars that you really can build entirely out of aftermarket parts. Lots of metal available. 1968 was a good year for a lot of cars.

Attachments

• flat look2.jpg
      flat look2.jpg
      212.4 KB · Views: 2

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I've looked at those before. I can't afford one, but I have drooled, er looked at them.

I love the idea of a 1967 Mustang Fastback with modern internals.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Texas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee are also a good place to look, I don't exactly see the prices coming down anytime soon. The OBS style of 88-98 are now going to be increasing in price, still good basic trucks
    Do you think as the boomers get beyond wanting these types of vehicles, the market will drop? I mean the next generation is not all that interested in old school stuff, are they?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Do you think as the boomers get beyond wanting these types of vehicles, the market will drop? I mean the next generation is not all that interested in old school stuff, are they?
    That's a tough question to answer. A lot of people thought the same thing on 60s muscle cars and those things haven't really come down yet, granted they're not as high as they were when they peaked but I think that was caused by a booming economy.

Trucks are always popular, shortbed, round headlights are big with sport truck/hotrodders. Easy to modify and lots of support. If the price drops it may be 20 years from now, and there won't be a lot of them in good original condition by then.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've looked at those before. I can't afford one, but I have drooled, er looked at them.

I love the idea of a 1967 Mustang Fastback with modern internals.
    I watch "Counting Cars" a lot (on History) and they frequently take old muscle cars and basically turn them into brand new modern vehicles on the inside, but of course they usually add their own customization as opposed to a strict restore.

Top Bottom