• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've been noticing more and more that adults are dropping the "t" in the middle of the word. The first couple of times I heard it, I passed it off as a speech impediment, but I've been hearing it more and more by different people, mostly on tv. The latest is when watching the local weather, the meteorologist said, "this is impor'unt". A few times I've heard button, pronounced as "bu'un". Can someone tell me what is going on? Is this being taught in school? Are these people from other worlds?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Dismissing education, enunciation, everything to do with being educated and presenting yourself as such, has to be trashed in order to bring about "diversity", and "inclusion", right? If you cannot "axe" someone a question, then you`re a racist's. LOL.
    "Aks" a question is actually a very old pronunciation and may in fact predate "ask".

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Actually, the pronunciation I'm referring to has been from white middle-class and upper middle class folks. I don't know if POC do this as well.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I thought this was going to be about female singers. I was just telling my wife the other day that almost every current female singer sounds like a 4 year old girl singing! Genre doesn’t matter (well, that’s probably because ALL music genres pretty much sound the same anymore).
    But yeah, as to the OP, it just seems like being dumb is in vogue now. Probably has something to do with racism, you know, if you sound halfway intelligent, it’s probably because of white supremacy or some nonsense.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    As a frequent spectator of the public freakout subs on reddit, I am now very accustomed to seeing people from my own country speak a language that I can only discern about 15% of on a good day.

Sometimes I wonder if they actually can't understand each other. Maybe everyone just acts like they do. Maybe that's why parts of this country seem so dumb...nobody knows what other people are saying.

:tinfoil:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    As a frequent spectator of the public freakout subs on reddit, I am now very accustomed to seeing people from my own country speak a language that I can only discern about 15% of on a good day.

Sometimes I wonder if they actually can't understand each other. Maybe everyone just acts like they do. Maybe that's why parts of this country seem so dumb...nobody knows what other people are saying.

:tinfoil:
    No Sir, this is our society crumbling. I pray I am wrong.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Aliens.... this is my best guess. I think we have been infiltrated by aliens. I think they are among us. When I drive around Indy, I see stores and businesses that I don't know what they sell or what service they supply. I can't read the signs, it's like they are in a foreign tongue. Now earthlings are emulating their languages and maybe this is part of that co-mingling of speech...Spaceship repairs, glorp hock salads, skin replacement? I don't know! I tried going into one on West Washington and they just stared at me, speaking a garbled dialect. They were polite, but we had a failure to communicate. I just handed over ten bucks and they smiled and gave me a sack of something warm. It was not a puppy, but something that smelled really good and tasted like ambrosia. I don't want to know what it was, possibly rocket fuel, because later that evening, I was starting to speak like you describe, leaving out the center of words and feeling like my afterburners were lit. Aliens...

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Aliens.... this is my best guess. I think we have been infiltrated by aliens. I think they are among us. When I drive around Indy, I see stores and businesses that I don't know what they sell or what service they supply. I can't read the signs, it's like they are in a foreign tongue. Now earthlings are emulating their languages and maybe this is part of that co-mingling of speech...Spaceship repairs, glorp hock salads, skin replacement? I don't know! I tried going into one on West Washington and they just stared at me, speaking a garbled dialect. They were polite, but we had a failure to communicate. I just handed over ten bucks and they smiled and gave me a sack of something warm. It was not a puppy, but something that smelled really good and tasted like ambrosia. I don't want to know what it was, possibly rocket fuel, because later that evening, I was starting to speak like you describe, leaving out the center of words and feeling like my afterburners were lit. Aliens...
    No worries, it's the "whodoos".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Even educated people cant speak fluent, proper english words. Just watch Dr. Caine's covid updates. In the last update, she added a letter into the middle of a word. I had to do a doubletake. It was almost like she said "edumicated". That kind of thing. I think she added a T where it didnt exist.

I dont recall the exact word, and I'm not about to subject myself to that press briefing to tell you exactly what it was. Maybe somebody else here caught it.

Black, white, red, brown... Im seeing everyone start to do it.

Top Bottom