Tactical Machining 1911 frames in 100% ($169) and 80% ($159) flavours.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Let's stop poking. He knows. He has learn a lot in the last few days. He is all for 80% build. Just didn't know the ropes yet. Lets not try to run him off. I have had some great PM's with him. He's a stand up guy from what I can tell.

:yesway:

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Let's stop poking. He knows. He has learn a lot in the last few days. He is all for 80% build. Just didn't know the ropes yet. Lets not try to run him off. I have had some great PM's with him. He's a stand up guy from what I can tell.

I don't know man! You think I'M a good guy too! :evilangel:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    WTF?

Okay, you only have 25 posts, so you may not be as neck deep in 80% culture or home gunsmithing as many on INGO.

It's entirely legal to manufacture any firearm (*), provided it's for your own personal use (not built for resale), and you are not a prohibitted person.

ATF sez so.

(*) Can't be Class III, or violate state law.(**)

(**) Indiana does not ban home gun manufacture, but does ban short barrel shotguns outright.

(***) There is no law anywhere requiring firearms be gifted a serial number at time of manufacture. Serialization is an ATF condition of licensure for commercial gun makers. Again, not talking about gun making for commerce, just for personal use.

(****) These home built guns can be sold or given away (such as in wills). They just can't be built for that purpose.

(*****) The antis are already crusading against home gunsmithing in their own little enclaves, like California. Best of my knowledge, nowhere else bans private firearm manufacture for personal use, and certainly not nationally.

I thought this sounded a bit condescending...why bring post count up at all?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think EVERYBODY missed the point! Cathy was actually giving slack, due to post count, because 80% projects come up on INGO 27 times per week! Pretty sure THAT was the point! NOT condescension!

^^^ this

My snark-o-meter only goes to 11. Not 10, not 9, only 11. My snark-o-tron is either on or off. If it's on, it's set to 11. If I was intending to scorch Jim From Trafalgar straight off of INGO, all that would have been left after my response would have been a smoking greasy spot on the pavement. I saw that he hadn't been participating on INGO very much, so I cut him some slack and attempted to accelerate his acclimation to the culture (cult?) of the 80% receiver as represented here on INGO.

If he's chosen to accept the correction in the fact-based and non-judgemental mode in which it was offered, huzzah! If not, meh. I need to spend more time in the machine shop anyway.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    1911ly, Thanks for the support, but it wasn't needed. I make no apologies for my statements nor were they made from ignorance. I stated flat out that I figured the main problem, from a legal standpoint would be should the weapon transfer. Once again though, and I don't know how many times I need to repeat this before some of you understand it. MY OPINION WAS NOT ABOUT HOW LEGAL THIS MIGHT BE. IT WAS AND STILL IS ABOUT ADDING FODDER FOR THE ANTI'S. Since some seem to be stuck on how sharp they are concerning the law, yet can't seem to accurately read what I said, I won't repeat it anymore after this. Follow the letter of the law, forget the intent. Any of you remember the press on the "gun show loophole"? Did it exist? Did that matter? Anyone notice the recent laws passed concerning "assault weapons"? Did any of you notice the "assault guns" associated with Sandy Hook were in the trunk of the car, not on the offender? I made a comment on 80% guns based upon my belief of the potential they may lead to gun registration. Something I don't want to see, nor my children to be forced to live with. This is a stance that many of the "gun" people I hang with tend to share. These friends of mine are for the most part not people most would consider your average dummies. They consist of Dr.'s, lawers, class 3 holders, gunshop owners, etc. We all tend to think much of this unfair, but have all learned that fair means nothing in this world of vocal minorities, press with an agenda, and the average American absolutely believing whatever they see on the morning "news" or worse. Call me stupid, uneducated, whatever you like, but I would much prefer it if you were to use all these "smart points" you've accumulated to read and attempt comprehension of what I've written first. Then disagree with the actual context of my post. If at that point, all you can fall back on is name calling and some sort of imagined muscle flexing about grease spots and scorching. Show your true IQ's, and so be it. Oh, a personal question to CathyInBlue, any chance you're in law enforcement? Forgive the ignorance on that, I'm new here.
    Jim

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I see though, is a bunch of very illegal actions taking place here. Whether an FFL or not, the very act of turning these into functioning firearms, without going through the above mentioned licensing etc., becomes e federal offense.

MY OPINION WAS NOT ABOUT HOW LEGAL THIS MIGHT BE.

Clearly, we're just talking past one another at this point.

Oh, a personal question to CathyInBlue, any chance you're in law enforcement? Forgive the ignorance on that, I'm new here.
    It's a common mistake of newcomers. No. I am not in law enforcement. My favourite color is blue, hence most of my wardrobe falls in the blue hues, hence I am literally Cathy in blue. Been mulling a screenname change, though.

Top Bottom