• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    So I've been looking around at 22 suppressors and I'm trying to figure out if the Quest is worth the extra 150.00 price tag or not ?

Don't have any 22LR full auto's but have been known to go through a 1000 rounds or more in a range trip out of my 22's....

Anybody out there have experience with these two suppressors ??? would appreciate your insight.

Thanx....

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have the TAC 65 and I can do mag dumps out of my rifles and its still cool to the touch. Out of a pistol she gets quite warm but if you are primarily shooting out of a rifle you shouldn't have any problems.

I have no experience with the quest though. Either way, they are a lot of fun.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't have a Tac 65, but I do have one of the older Tac 64 cans. I have put about 5-6K rounds through it and it's still pretty quiet. I have no experience with the Quest. I think if you are just firing semi-auto at a reasonable rate you would be alright. If you plan on rapid firing lots of high cap mags you may want to look into a full-auto rated suppressor.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I've got the Quest. I bought it for my M16/.22. It's a great can, but you don't need a stainless can for ANY semi auto. The Stratus is the exact same as the Quest, but in aluminum. You should look into that one.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I have a TAC 65 and have had it for a few years now. I shoot the **** out of my Walther P-22. I have around 18,000+ rounds out of the Walter and about 18,000+ out of my suppressor. I bought them both at the same time and picked up the suppressor about 4 weeks after the gun.
    I put the walther & TAC-65 to the max test, a trip to the farm in Kentucky. I took the new suppressor and a 30cal ammo can full of 22's. When I came home on Sunday, the can was empty. I've done that about 5 times now, so figure how many rounds a 30cal can will hold. I have a Ruger 10/22 that I use it on as well. So not every round is on the pistol.
    Only problem I have had with the Walther & the suppressor is I was shooting lead nosed rounds and the lead build up on a cone turned the round out the front sideways. I sent it back to Tactical Innovations and they fixed it for me, at a small fee. I only use jacketed rounds now.
    The Walther broke the slide at around 14,000 rounds and S&W fixed it in a couple weeks free of charge.
    I liked the TAC-65 so much, I bought a TAC-16 for my AR.
    I don't know how easy the Quest is to clean, but after 3-5K rounds, I take it down with a tool and drop it in the ultrasonic for about 2 minutes.

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is that all that has been done to the P22, a slide replacement?

If so, that is a hardy little dude. I've not shot mine even 10% of that and I've always wondered how long it would last.

And to get on topic, I've handled and put a few rounds though a Quest and I'd didn't see anything I felt put it ahead of the Tac 65.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Yes, the only thing replaced was the slide. They cleaned it up better then I have as well.
    I take it to the farm about once a month when I go. I don't shoot as much as I use to, so I'm down to about 1000 rounds a month out of the P22 and TAC-65.

Top Bottom