Syrian Rebels take 21 UN peace keepers hostage.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    UN deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey told reporters that "approximately 30 armed fighters stopped and detained about 20 peacekeepers within the area of limitation."

"The UN observers were on a regular supply mission and were stopped near Observation Post 58, which had sustained damage and was evacuated this past weekend following heavy combat in close proximity, at Al Jamlah," the United Nations said in a statement issued in New York.

Human Rights watch said it was investigating the same rebel brigade for its role in a videotaped execution of detained Syrian soldiers posted on the Internet on Tuesday.

The capture of the UN observers points to how the situation on the ground in Syria is getting out of control and all sides are unable to control armed groups on the ground

21 UN peacekeepers taken hostage by Syrian rebels in Golan Heights ? RT News

Of course this is not the first time it happened.
    Syrian rebels capture four U.N. peacekeepers - CBS News

Maybe we should help the rebels set up a new central bank,and the world would be full of skittles and rainbows?
    Or maybe we should just stop trying to help Qatar build a pipe line to Europe(by taking over Syria)?
    The UN just approved arms sales to the rebels a few days ago.Wonder if we are going to give them chemical weapons,or just continue to let the use the ones they have(and have already used)?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe I am just old school, but here is how I see it:

When there is a war, you can call yourself a UN peacekeeper, or whatever else you want. If you do not want to get killed, stay out of the the war zone.

As far as executing detained enemy soldiers, it is freakin war. What are you supposed to house and feed prisoners, or better yet, let them go so they can be re-armed and return to kill you? I understand why the rules might have been written, what I do not understand is how anyone expected them to be followed?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    This may be cold hearted but it is the UN. So who cares. The UN wants to infringe on our rights. For my part, they get what they deserve.

The US Government wants to infringe on our rights... does that mean that all Federal agents who die during duty get what they deserve?

How about all military servicemembers?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The UN needs to stick to what it can do well: handing out food to hungry people. There's a reason US Forces can't be under UN command.
    Kutnupe14: I appreciate your purple, I did a year at Taegu and understand the United Nations Command aspect. The UN Command CINC is the US Forces Korea Commander, AKA 8th Army Commander. 7th Air Force Commander has a crap-load of hats, deputy to UN/USFK CC and Commander of the Air Component Command.

Ok, my head hurts.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Maybe I am just old school, but here is how I see it:

When there is a war, you can call yourself a UN peacekeeper, or whatever else you want. If you do not want to get killed, stay out of the the war zone.

As far as executing detained enemy soldiers, it is freakin war. What are you supposed to house and feed prisoners, or better yet, let them go so they can be re-armed and return to kill you? I understand why the rules might have been written, what I do not understand is how anyone expected them to be followed?

What? You don't understand why someone wouldn't hamstring himself with a bunch of rules? Say it ain't so? I thought all nations were civilized to the point of prosecuting a war with the utmost of chivalry and manners. "I say, good sir, could you please stand up a little straighter. I can barely get a good sight picture on your helmet and want to make sure the anchor shot is going to be clean and quick. Less suffering for you, you know, ol' chap."

Regardless, back on topic, if the U.N. wouldn't have invaded other countries and killed their people, this wouldn't be happening. The U.N. is out of control. Its empire-building and desire for oil for its people is the only thing driving it, and this is what we can expect for their efforts.

Top Bottom