• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    How about a novel idea in foreign policy.
    if the US is attacked directly (ie Pearl Harbor) the we respond immediately, aggressively, and decisively.

if the US is not attacked directly we work with the UN (worthless, I know) and NATO to act in the interest of allies.
    if they won't act then we don't act
    not our fault and not our problem.

it sounds kind of Ron Paul but every time we act on our own or with a coalition that we push together so we don't look bad like the Gulf War coalition it never works out well for us.

strong89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    sounds great!! and to top it off how bout we put the embassy's on military bases... if we dont have any military in that country now its probably for a good reason.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    How about a novel idea in foreign policy.
    if the US is attacked directly (ie Pearl Harbor) the we respond immediately, aggressively, and decisively.

if the US is not attacked directly we work with the UN (worthless, I know) and NATO to act in the interest of allies.
    if they won't act then we don't act
    not our fault and not our problem.

it sounds kind of Ron Paul but every time we act on our own or with a coalition that we push together so we don't look bad like the Gulf War coalition it never works out well for us.

No offense, but I think that's exactly what Obama's policy has been. He too has given up on the UN, despite slamming Bush for bypassing them. What Obama has done, and wisely so I think, is work with NATO instead of the UN. Bush went to the UN and Russia and China predictably vetoed every action. In this case, Syria is their direct ally, and we know they will veto, so even attempting to use the UN is a waste of time and quite possibly will add gas to the fire.

In short, I guess I can't complain about the overall foreign policy of the Obama administration. I have a LOT of problems with the timing and lack of leadership and improper rhetoric, but that's another story...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    US out of UN, but I think I'm generally okay with NATO. I'd really prefer to just have a strong political and military bloc formed from North America.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    No offense, but I think that's exactly what Obama's policy has been. He too has given up on the UN, despite slamming Bush for bypassing them. What Obama has done, and wisely so I think, is work with NATO instead of the UN. Bush went to the UN and Russia and China predictably vetoed every action. In this case, Syria is their direct ally, and we know they will veto, so even attempting to use the UN is a waste of time and quite possibly will add gas to the fire.

In short, I guess I can't complain about the overall foreign policy of the Obama administration. I have a LOT of problems with the timing and lack of leadership and improper rhetoric, but that's another story...

I have not heard a NATO spokesman say anything about a vote or NATO sanctioned action. But US ships are off the coast and ready to launch strikes. Sounds almost like a "unilateral cowboy diplomacy" type of thing to me.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    NATO is a military alliance meant to block Soviet western expansion. I am not sure how it is useful in other theaters.

My vote is for leave them the hell alone and let them resolve their own probems.

Top Bottom