• ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Is anyone here a member? How is it?

I'm in Jefferson County, and the Sportsman Club is actually located closer to me than Crosley is, though Crosley is too crowded and packed to shoot at when I have free time to do so and their new hours sadden me. I'm looking for a place that I can go shoot both pistols and long rifles.

How is the range out there? Pretty nice? Is it crowded and packed on the weekends like Crosley, or does the modest membership fee scare most people off? What all does membership consist of? Is it a club that requires voting for things, attending meetings, etc?

I see they have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SwitzCoSportsman/info but other than that, not much information available on the internet.

In short: I'm just looking for a nice, clean, and safe place to strengthen my weak shooting skills somewhere where I do not have to wait in line for an extended amount of time. Is the Sportsman Club the place I am seeking? Or do I need to start making friends with people who have property out in the country? :P

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    A few of us have been members there for years now, it's a great place to shoot! They post a monthly calendar which shows big events but other than those I've never had to wait to shoot. Nice facilities, indoor plumbing, snacks and drinks. They do have a meeting monthly but I can't ever seem to make it. I love it out there!! Well worth the $25 a year. I quit Crosley for the same reason, too many people and too big a wait.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    A few of us have been members there for years now, it's a great place to shoot! They post a monthly calendar which shows big events but other than those I've never had to wait to shoot. Nice facilities, indoor plumbing, snacks and drinks. They do have a meeting monthly but I can't ever seem to make it. I love it out there!! Well worth the $25 a year. I quit Crosley for the same reason, too many people and too big a wait.

Nice. Well, I may need to go out there and check it out. Who do I contact to become a member, or do they have an office of sorts out there where you can just show up at any time during operating hours to make payment? I'll try to make a point to call them tomorrow before work (at work now). Plus, looking at the map it doesn't look like my car will have any issue getting there. When I went to Crosley last weekend, the gravel was awful through the woods. Looked like they were grading or were about to, but my car was too 'low' in a few spots, and it's now a 'low' car... it's just a regular and stock Ford Focus.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'll try to look up the Vice Presidents #. Yes cars are fine it's right off the county road. It will blow your mind. Rifle range is 500 yards. Then there is a nice 25 yard and 50 yard range.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I see. I'm a younger guy at 26, many younger folks there? What does everyone who has a vote prefer: Donuts or cup cakes? I'll persuade the vote in my favor. :)

I just want a clean and safe area to shoot is all.. at least until I find my 5-10 acres I'm looking for as per my signature :)

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Thanks. I reached out to them via Facebook some months ago and never heard back but hadn't gone beyond that as far as contact goes.

Bookmarked so I don't lose this thread, will contact them in a more formal manner later on.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks. I reached out to them via Facebook some months ago and never heard back but hadn't gone beyond that as far as contact goes.

Bookmarked so I don't lose this thread, will contact them in a more formal manner later on.

Roger that, I'm not sure who updates their facebook. I know the phone # works well.

Top Bottom