• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    I saw this online today and thought it was really cool. Just thought i would share it with everyone

holster.jpg

I think i need to buy a motorcycle just so i can put one of these on it :rockwoot:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A Single Action Army on a hardtail bike. Makes sense. Both had their day and both can be fun. However, while the style of either can't be beat, technology has progressed significantly beyond them.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    A Single Action Army on a hardtail bike. Makes sense. Both had their day and both can be fun. However, while the style of either can't be beat, technology has progressed significantly beyond them.

I can just see it now....in 100 years, a bunch of Hoosiers will dress up in lederhosen to shoot Glocks and extol to virtues of Austrian ideals.

Not.

You are just as dead with a six shooter as a 17.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can just see it now....in 100 years, a bunch of Hoosiers will dress up in lederhosen to shoot Glocks and extol to virtues of Austrian ideals.

Not.

So you are willing to carry a single action only revolver that has to be unloaded and loaded one round at a time via a loading gate as your EDC?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    So you are willing to carry a single action only revolver that has to be unloaded and loaded one round at a time via a loading gate as your EDC?

I've shot cowboy action competition for over 10 years. I can guarantee that a single action, particularly a Ruger Vaquero, will do the job necessary in any civilian circumstance you might envision.

If you have personal experience where you needed more than 6 rounds, please share it with us.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Not.

True. Wonder why the Army adopted semi-autos 100+ years ago?

'Course a KTM RC8 with a Glock 17 would look just right.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was. And it must be grand to be able to predict with certainty every situation you will ever face. With that kind of talent, you should be able to avoid armed confrontation altogether and go without a gun at all.

...and I do not now, nor have I ever owned a Glock.

"Wheel gun fanboys to the rescue"

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I can't predict all things either. But, I can use available data and assume that similar results will occur in the future.

Civilians primarily used revolvers for the last 150 years or so.

TV bravado is just that. I'll take a chance that the revolver I occasionally carry will do it's job.

Here's a friend I normally travel with. He's a fair to middlin' revolver shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIV-aL9YA4o

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've shot cowboy action competition for over 10 years. I can guarantee that a single action, particularly a Ruger Vaquero, will do the job necessary in any civilian circumstance you might envision.

If you have personal experience where you needed more than 6 rounds, please share it with us.

All of which may be true, but didn't answer the question. I'll repeat: So you are willing to carry a single action only revolver that has to be unloaded and loaded one round at a time via a loading gate as your EDC?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    All of which may be true, but didn't answer the question. I'll repeat: So you are willing to carry a single action only revolver that has to be unloaded and loaded one round at a time via a loading gate as your EDC?

I'll answer for him. Occasionally I carry a Derringer - only two shots and reloads one at a time. Normally I carry my Colt Double Eagle and yeah, I do have several other handguns including two Colt revolvers, a King Cobra .357, Anaconda 44 Mag. also a Single action Blackhawk 45 LC, semi-auto's .22 LR, .380, 38 super, 9MM, 9MM Largo, TTC Romanian etc.

Actually I really feel pretty darn safe with any.. The odds are very high that if I need to use a handgun to defend myself I will be facing 1 person. At home I do keep the Colt near (along with a couple of other handguns).

I feel I am a good enough shot that even if there are more than 2 BG's, after I shoot the first one or two the rest will be retreating.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....geez....all I said was that technology had moved beyond SAAs and hardtail bikes....I actually expected more push-back as to the hardtail bike comment. ;)

Top Bottom