• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    So I want to put a Swampfox Sentinel on my S&W PC Shield Plus. The problem is the mounting screws. The ones that came with the Swampfox dot are too wide and do not fit into the holes in the slide, and the heads on ones that came with the Crimson Trace dot are too big for the Swampfox dot.

The literature that came with the CR dot say they are M4 screws and the Swampfox screws say they are M4.

What in the blazes am I missing here? Why don't the Swampfox screws work?

Appreciate any help or advice.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So I want to put a Swampfox Sentinel on my S&W PC Shield Plus. The problem is the mounting screws. The ones that came with the Swampfox dot are too wide and do not fit into the holes in the slide, and the heads on ones that came with the Crimson Trace dot are too big for the Swampfox dot.

The literature that came with the CR dot say they are M4 screws and the Swampfox screws say they are M4.

What in the blazes am I missing here? Why don't the Swampfox screws work?

Appreciate any help or advice.
    I'd contact Swampfox support. Maybe it shipped with the wrong screws.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm curious as I'll be picking my Shield Plus OR tomorrow and I have a SF Sentinel I had planned to use on it.
    Kinda sorta. The screws need to be a 6-32 thread. Finding screws with that thread is easy enough, but I have no idea what length they need to be.

I ditched the Swampfox for a Holosun 507K. I ordered an adapter plate from C&H Precision Weapons and it came with the correct length and thread screws.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I ended up finding another thread on Reddit where it was recommended to buy a screw package from SF:

This pack has the correct sized 6-32 thread screws evidently. It's a PITA buying a ~$30 pack of screws (including tax and shipping), but since I got the Sentinel on a heck of a deal at $80, it's better than buying an all new optic. The screws come in a few days. Hopefully I can remember to post here as to whether they work out or not.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Got that pack of screws and it does have the correct threaded screws. Only issue for me was cutting them to the correct length, but that may not be the case for you.

AC3D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So am I reading it right that you still had to cut the screws that came from SF to length? If yes, how do you plan to do that without messing up the threads?

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    So am I reading it right that you still had to cut the screws that came from SF to length? If yes, how do you plan to do that without messing up the threads?
    Had I stayed with the SF I would have had to shorten the screws. Instead I got a Holosun and an adapter plate that came with the correct length screws.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

A set of the screws that I ordered were correct. The Ultimate Red Dot Screw Package or whatever had the right screws. 4 of them. If you have trouble finding them, if you order the package, let me know and I'll see if I can find out which pack of screws in the package were correct.

AC3D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    A set of the screws that I ordered were correct. The Ultimate Red Dot Screw Package or whatever had the right screws. 4 of them. If you have trouble finding them, if you order the package, let me know and I'll see if I can find out which pack of screws in the package were correct.
    Got it thanks I think I am just going to go with the Crimson Trace Pro I have some Cabela’s gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and like like that is the only one they carry that will fit.

Top Bottom