• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    The attempts my friends have tried did not work. Animals get everything. May be better to plant an invasive food source that the animals will not knock out. Maybe sun chokes or ground nut. Plus there are a ton of edible wild foods out there already.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Research edibles the critters don't like. I planted black eyed peas and corn. Deer ate all the corn
    Ears but hardly touched the peas. Must be Yankee deer. Organic gardeners have used
    strategic planting to keep animals at bay for years. Can't cite details but I bet you can
    Google it.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    A friend bought thorn bushes and rose bushes and put around his garden then built a gate to access it. His issues mostly went away. He still had issues with squirrel and rabbits but bigger game don't get in now.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
    He is talking out his ass about something he has never tried to do himself.

The cat that walked by would give more nourishment than his pretend garden.

No I didn't watch the whole video. 30 seconds at the start then clicked to the middle. That is where I saw the cat, nuff said

If you do remote, then protect it with a Gallagher Food Plot Protector Fence and you will still need to go tend it.

If I owned that plot, I would plant wild Ginseng and harvest 100k in 7-10 years.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    A rabbit fence inside the rose hedge might help...with bunnies not squirrels. Also might be good to plant
    native or "wild " edibles like pokeweed, yucca, and non poison sumac. Seasonal nutrition at best.
    Add some white oaks and pau-pau trees for the future.

Top Bottom